Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Shikabala participates in first training session at Sporting Lisbon
Shikabala, 27, moved from Zamalek SC to the Portuguese giant just several seconds before the end of the transfer period.
Before the morning workout, Shikabala was presented to Sporting’s first team for his first meeting with his new companions, the coach Leonardo Jardim and remaining technical team.
The occasion was used for a conversation with his new team-mates and technical staff, as they will be starting from tomorrow the team’s preparation for their much anticipated derby against league leaders Benfica, and now are almost ready with two new reinforcements available – Shikabala and Heldon, both signing on the last day of the transfer window.
Shikabala faced an issue with his new team due to the language barrier, but luckily had by his side the assistance of fellow Arab and Algerian team-mate Islam Slimani, who he would speak to in Arabic and the Algerian would translate Shikabala’s words, making Mahmoud’s first day at Sporting club de Portugal a little bit easier.
Shikabala was in the stands to watching today’s match against Academica – following his pre-match presentation, as he was not included in the 18-man squad for the match.
The player is not expected to be called up for the big clash against Benfica next weekend, with the coach hinting Shikabala needs a few weeks to adapt with the team first.