Entag El-Harby put an end to Al Ahly’s seven-match winning streak after...
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
Mohamed Salah left on bench as Chelsea end City’s unbeaten home record
It could prove to be a title-defining game, and Chelsea handled it perfectly as José Mourinho’s men didn’t put a foot wrong on Monday night.
Mohamed Salah was picked among the substitutes for the trip to Manchester but didn’t feature as the game was really tight and José preferred to get John Obi Mikel on in the final stages of the game to lock up defensively.
Both sides had a huge amount of chances, Chelsea hit the bar 3 times – which is the same amount of City’s shots on target. Manchester City were the better side in the first 15 minutes but Branislav Ivanović’s rocket took everyone by surprise.
The goal was enough to see Chelsea third on 53 points, only goal difference separating them from second spot.
The Blue’s next game will be against Newcastle on the 8th of February, where Salah is more likely to feature.