Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Mohamed Salah left on bench as Chelsea end City’s unbeaten home record
It could prove to be a title-defining game, and Chelsea handled it perfectly as José Mourinho’s men didn’t put a foot wrong on Monday night.
Mohamed Salah was picked among the substitutes for the trip to Manchester but didn’t feature as the game was really tight and José preferred to get John Obi Mikel on in the final stages of the game to lock up defensively.
Both sides had a huge amount of chances, Chelsea hit the bar 3 times – which is the same amount of City’s shots on target. Manchester City were the better side in the first 15 minutes but Branislav Ivanović’s rocket took everyone by surprise.
The goal was enough to see Chelsea third on 53 points, only goal difference separating them from second spot.
The Blue’s next game will be against Newcastle on the 8th of February, where Salah is more likely to feature.