Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Gharib: Shikabala won’t be called up unless he proves himself with Sporting
Egyptian national team coach Shawky Gharib stated that he won’t call up Mahmoud Abdel-Razek “Shikabala” for the upcoming friendlies, unless the player proves himself with his new club Sporting Lisbon.
Shawky Gharib, who is set to kick off his journey as Egypt’s national team coach with friendlies against Bosnia on March 5th and Portugal in May, says Sporting Lisbon new boy Shikabala won’t be called up unless he proves himself with the Portuguese giants.
The coach, who was recently announced as Bob Bradley’s replacement, told Al Hayah TV: “I will include the best players and the new faces that have emerged during the last weeks of the league.”
“In addition to calling up the players based abroad who have regularly participated with the team in the last period,” he added.
Currently, Shawky Gharib is expected to call up Chelsea’s Mohamed Salah, Hull City’s Ahmed Elmohamady, Mohamed El-Nenny of FC Basel, Hossam Ghaly of Lierse as well as free agent Ahmed Samir Farag for next month’s clash against Bosnia.
Concerning Shikabala, who has recently moved from Zamalek SC to Portuguese giants Sporting Clube de Portugal, Gharib said: “Certainly, if he [Shikabala] proved himself during the rest of this month, I’ll call him up.”
It’s worth noting that Shikabala signed a four-and-a-half year contract with the Lisbon-based club, seconds before the January transfer window closed.