In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
Gharib: Shikabala won’t be called up unless he proves himself with Sporting
Egyptian national team coach Shawky Gharib stated that he won’t call up Mahmoud Abdel-Razek “Shikabala” for the upcoming friendlies, unless the player proves himself with his new club Sporting Lisbon.
Shawky Gharib, who is set to kick off his journey as Egypt’s national team coach with friendlies against Bosnia on March 5th and Portugal in May, says Sporting Lisbon new boy Shikabala won’t be called up unless he proves himself with the Portuguese giants.
The coach, who was recently announced as Bob Bradley’s replacement, told Al Hayah TV: “I will include the best players and the new faces that have emerged during the last weeks of the league.”
“In addition to calling up the players based abroad who have regularly participated with the team in the last period,” he added.
Currently, Shawky Gharib is expected to call up Chelsea’s Mohamed Salah, Hull City’s Ahmed Elmohamady, Mohamed El-Nenny of FC Basel, Hossam Ghaly of Lierse as well as free agent Ahmed Samir Farag for next month’s clash against Bosnia.
Concerning Shikabala, who has recently moved from Zamalek SC to Portuguese giants Sporting Clube de Portugal, Gharib said: “Certainly, if he [Shikabala] proved himself during the rest of this month, I’ll call him up.”
It’s worth noting that Shikabala signed a four-and-a-half year contract with the Lisbon-based club, seconds before the January transfer window closed.