Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
VIDEO: Morsy scores again as Chesterfield claim advantage against Fleetwood
Egypt-eligible midfielder Sam Morsy was among the scorers for Chesterfield FC for the second time already this month to help the Spireites seal a 3-1 away win against Fleetwood Town in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy on Tuesday.
Ian Evatt opened the scoring for the visitors against the run of play on the 21st minute, after neatly turning home a Gary Roberts free-kick.
22-year-old Morsy, who only just scored his first goal for the League Two side on Saturday, rifled home from 18 yards to double the Spireites’ advantage three minutes later.
Fleetwood grabbed a goal back before the break through David Ball, but Chesterfield managed to restore their two-goal cushion thanks to Jimmy Ryan’s curling effort on the hour mark.
It is worth noting that English-Egyptian Morsy has previously expressed his desire to represent Egypt on the international level.
Chesterfield, who are also currently at the top of League Two, now have the upper hand going into the return leg – with the winner advancing to the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy final to be played at Wembley.