Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Cairo International Stadium to host African Super Cup clash
After weeks of trying, the Ahly officials finally received the green light from the security regarding having the match in the capital’s main stadium, which also happens to be the Arab world’s third largest stadium.
The 75,000-seat stadium will host the 22nd CAF Super Cup (also known as the African Super Cup) between Egypt’s Al Ahly, the reigning African champions, and Tunisia’s CS Sfaxien, the CAF Confederation Cup champions, on February 20th.
The stadium will witness the presence of fans for the first time since Jan 28 2012 as it last witnessed the match between Ahly and Arab Contractors on that date, three days before the Port Said disaster which caused the absence of fans for two whole years.
Al Ahly will be looking to clinch their 6th Super Cup title while CS Sfaxien will push forward in hope of winning their first title.