Egypt local national team coach, Hany Ramzy has identified 36 players to...
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- LIVE: Egypt vs Uganda – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
Cairo International Stadium to host African Super Cup clash
After weeks of trying, the Ahly officials finally received the green light from the security regarding having the match in the capital’s main stadium, which also happens to be the Arab world’s third largest stadium.
The 75,000-seat stadium will host the 22nd CAF Super Cup (also known as the African Super Cup) between Egypt’s Al Ahly, the reigning African champions, and Tunisia’s CS Sfaxien, the CAF Confederation Cup champions, on February 20th.
The stadium will witness the presence of fans for the first time since Jan 28 2012 as it last witnessed the match between Ahly and Arab Contractors on that date, three days before the Port Said disaster which caused the absence of fans for two whole years.
Al Ahly will be looking to clinch their 6th Super Cup title while CS Sfaxien will push forward in hope of winning their first title.