Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Cairo International Stadium to host African Super Cup clash
The venue for the African Super Cup clash has finally been decided, it will be held in Egypt’s very own Cairo International Stadium.
After weeks of trying, the Ahly officials finally received the green light from the security regarding having the match in the capital’s main stadium, which also happens to be the Arab world’s third largest stadium.
The 75,000-seat stadium will host the 22nd CAF Super Cup (also known as the African Super Cup) between Egypt’s Al Ahly, the reigning African champions, and Tunisia’s CS Sfaxien, the CAF Confederation Cup champions, on February 20th.
The stadium will witness the presence of fans for the first time since Jan 28 2012 as it last witnessed the match between Ahly and Arab Contractors on that date, three days before the Port Said disaster which caused the absence of fans for two whole years.
Al Ahly will be looking to clinch their 6th Super Cup title while CS Sfaxien will push forward in hope of winning their first title.