Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Dodo El-Gabas set for Ligue 2 debut with Arles-Avignon
Mohamed ‘Dodo’ El-Gabas expressed his delight at joining Ligue 2 side AC Arles-Avignon from Swindon Town, and is expected to make his debut on Friday.
El-Gabas made excellent first impressions at the Ligue 2 club as he scored a hat-trick in a friendly game whilst on trial, but he has yet to make his official debut as his International Transfer Card only arrived on Thursday from Swindon.
The 26-year-old winger, who will wear the No. 11 jersey, went through the youth ranks of Newcastle United as well as Egyptian club Al Masry.
In an interview with AC Arles-Avignon, Dodo expressed his delight at being with the French club: “[The integration has been] All right. The players and staff are very friendly and helpful with me. They are already all like a family, I’m happy here. I understand French, but I still can not speak. But next week I’ll take classes so I can speak better.”
Dodo has been included in tomorrow’s squad for the game against Niort and is expected to make his first team debut after playing and scoring for the reserve side earlier in the week.
“I am happy to be in the group to Niort, this is my first game with the team, and I hope to help them to be even better, and to win.”