Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Dodo El-Gabas set for Ligue 2 debut with Arles-Avignon
Mohamed ‘Dodo’ El-Gabas expressed his delight at joining Ligue 2 side AC Arles-Avignon from Swindon Town, and is expected to make his debut on Friday.
El-Gabas made excellent first impressions at the Ligue 2 club as he scored a hat-trick in a friendly game whilst on trial, but he has yet to make his official debut as his International Transfer Card only arrived on Thursday from Swindon.
The 26-year-old winger, who will wear the No. 11 jersey, went through the youth ranks of Newcastle United as well as Egyptian club Al Masry.
In an interview with AC Arles-Avignon, Dodo expressed his delight at being with the French club: “[The integration has been] All right. The players and staff are very friendly and helpful with me. They are already all like a family, I’m happy here. I understand French, but I still can not speak. But next week I’ll take classes so I can speak better.”
Dodo has been included in tomorrow’s squad for the game against Niort and is expected to make his first team debut after playing and scoring for the reserve side earlier in the week.
“I am happy to be in the group to Niort, this is my first game with the team, and I hope to help them to be even better, and to win.”