Egypt international Mohamed Salah featured in his side’s 3-1 loss to arch-rivals Lazio...
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
Dodo El-Gabas set for Ligue 2 debut with Arles-Avignon
Mohamed ‘Dodo’ El-Gabas expressed his delight at joining Ligue 2 side AC Arles-Avignon from Swindon Town, and is expected to make his debut on Friday.
El-Gabas made excellent first impressions at the Ligue 2 club as he scored a hat-trick in a friendly game whilst on trial, but he has yet to make his official debut as his International Transfer Card only arrived on Thursday from Swindon.
The 26-year-old winger, who will wear the No. 11 jersey, went through the youth ranks of Newcastle United as well as Egyptian club Al Masry.
In an interview with AC Arles-Avignon, Dodo expressed his delight at being with the French club: “[The integration has been] All right. The players and staff are very friendly and helpful with me. They are already all like a family, I’m happy here. I understand French, but I still can not speak. But next week I’ll take classes so I can speak better.”
Dodo has been included in tomorrow’s squad for the game against Niort and is expected to make his first team debut after playing and scoring for the reserve side earlier in the week.
“I am happy to be in the group to Niort, this is my first game with the team, and I hope to help them to be even better, and to win.”