Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
SC Freiburg Ultras pay tribute to Port Said victims
Ultras of SC Freiburg paid tribute to Al Ahly‘s martyrs on the two year anniversary of the Port Said tragedy during their Bundesliga clash against Mainz last Saturday.
The mutual respect between Al Ahly and SC Freiburg Ultras continues to grow as the hardcore supporters of the Bundesliga side paid tribute to the 74 Port Said victims during the match against Mainz 05 last Saturday.
The Freiburg Ultras released a statement on their website Nordtribüne the day after the match: “Yesterday two years ago, 74 people lost their lives in the massacre in Port Said. When playing in Mainz, Freiburg Ultras remembered the deaths of Ultras Ahlawy with a banner on the fence.”
Freiburg Ultras have paid tribute to the martyrs of Port Said each year since the day of tragedy.
The Ultras Ahlawy thanked the Bundesliga side for the respectful gestures with a ‘Thank You Freiburg’ German banner in Egypt.