Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Egypt’s El-Gabas debuts in France for Arles-Avignon
Egypt international Mohamed ‘Dodo’ El-Gabas debuted in France for Ligue 2 side AC Arles-Avignon in a 0-0 draw against Chamois Niortais on Friday night.
Dodo El-Gabas was included in the Arles-Avignon squad for the first time on Friday against Niort following the arrival of his International Transfer Card the day before.
The Egypt international didn’t start a game in the English League One during his short spell with Swindon Town before officially joining Arles-Avignon last week.
The 26-year-old scored four goals in his two prior games with the French side – a hat-trick in a friendly while on trial and the lone goal in a 1-0 win with the reserves – but he was left on the bench until the 71st minute when he replaced French-Ivorian striker Maurice Dalé.
El-Gabas didn’t have any real chances as the game ended 0-0 at the Parc des Sports.
The point sees Arles slip down to 9th in France’s second division; however, there is only a six-point different between El-Gabas’ side and the promotion spots ahead of their trip to 8th place Caen next Friday.