Egypt’s Amr Warda has been voted as PAOK’s best player as he...
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
Egypt’s El-Gabas debuts in France for Arles-Avignon
Egypt international Mohamed ‘Dodo’ El-Gabas debuted in France for Ligue 2 side AC Arles-Avignon in a 0-0 draw against Chamois Niortais on Friday night.
Dodo El-Gabas was included in the Arles-Avignon squad for the first time on Friday against Niort following the arrival of his International Transfer Card the day before.
The Egypt international didn’t start a game in the English League One during his short spell with Swindon Town before officially joining Arles-Avignon last week.
The 26-year-old scored four goals in his two prior games with the French side – a hat-trick in a friendly while on trial and the lone goal in a 1-0 win with the reserves – but he was left on the bench until the 71st minute when he replaced French-Ivorian striker Maurice Dalé.
El-Gabas didn’t have any real chances as the game ended 0-0 at the Parc des Sports.
The point sees Arles slip down to 9th in France’s second division; however, there is only a six-point different between El-Gabas’ side and the promotion spots ahead of their trip to 8th place Caen next Friday.