Former Al Ain FC Croatian coach Zlatko Dalic revealed that he was honored...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
Egypt’s El-Gabas debuts in France for Arles-Avignon
Egypt international Mohamed ‘Dodo’ El-Gabas debuted in France for Ligue 2 side AC Arles-Avignon in a 0-0 draw against Chamois Niortais on Friday night.
Dodo El-Gabas was included in the Arles-Avignon squad for the first time on Friday against Niort following the arrival of his International Transfer Card the day before.
The Egypt international didn’t start a game in the English League One during his short spell with Swindon Town before officially joining Arles-Avignon last week.
The 26-year-old scored four goals in his two prior games with the French side – a hat-trick in a friendly while on trial and the lone goal in a 1-0 win with the reserves – but he was left on the bench until the 71st minute when he replaced French-Ivorian striker Maurice Dalé.
El-Gabas didn’t have any real chances as the game ended 0-0 at the Parc des Sports.
The point sees Arles slip down to 9th in France’s second division; however, there is only a six-point different between El-Gabas’ side and the promotion spots ahead of their trip to 8th place Caen next Friday.