Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Egypt’s El-Gabas debuts in France for Arles-Avignon
Egypt international Mohamed ‘Dodo’ El-Gabas debuted in France for Ligue 2 side AC Arles-Avignon in a 0-0 draw against Chamois Niortais on Friday night.
Dodo El-Gabas was included in the Arles-Avignon squad for the first time on Friday against Niort following the arrival of his International Transfer Card the day before.
The Egypt international didn’t start a game in the English League One during his short spell with Swindon Town before officially joining Arles-Avignon last week.
The 26-year-old scored four goals in his two prior games with the French side – a hat-trick in a friendly while on trial and the lone goal in a 1-0 win with the reserves – but he was left on the bench until the 71st minute when he replaced French-Ivorian striker Maurice Dalé.
El-Gabas didn’t have any real chances as the game ended 0-0 at the Parc des Sports.
The point sees Arles slip down to 9th in France’s second division; however, there is only a six-point different between El-Gabas’ side and the promotion spots ahead of their trip to 8th place Caen next Friday.