Egypt beach soccer team manager Ahmed Abdel-Razek announced the squad travelling to...
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- The Scout: An Egyptian talent that joined ISIS
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
Egypt’s El-Gabas debuts in France for Arles-Avignon
Egypt international Mohamed ‘Dodo’ El-Gabas debuted in France for Ligue 2 side AC Arles-Avignon in a 0-0 draw against Chamois Niortais on Friday night.
Dodo El-Gabas was included in the Arles-Avignon squad for the first time on Friday against Niort following the arrival of his International Transfer Card the day before.
The Egypt international didn’t start a game in the English League One during his short spell with Swindon Town before officially joining Arles-Avignon last week.
The 26-year-old scored four goals in his two prior games with the French side – a hat-trick in a friendly while on trial and the lone goal in a 1-0 win with the reserves – but he was left on the bench until the 71st minute when he replaced French-Ivorian striker Maurice Dalé.
El-Gabas didn’t have any real chances as the game ended 0-0 at the Parc des Sports.
The point sees Arles slip down to 9th in France’s second division; however, there is only a six-point different between El-Gabas’ side and the promotion spots ahead of their trip to 8th place Caen next Friday.