After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
Individual Highlights: 16-year-old Ramadan Sobhy’s first official match with Al Ahly
Al Ahly’s coach Mohamed Youssef surprised everybody when he started yesterday’s match against Ghazl El-Mahalla with 16-year-old Ramadan Sobhy, even though the team lost the last two league matches and needed to win this one badly.
The young attacking midfielder’s debut came after he started training a while ago with the first team to cover the shortfall as the African champions are suffering from injuries and suspensions that stopped key players like Emad Meteb, Gedo, Walid Soliman, Sherif Abdel-Fadil and Ahmed Fathi from playing.
Sobhy, born in 1997, took his chance in this match wearing the number 31 along with Ahmed Raouf as the two main strikers instead of the duo El-Sayed Hamdy and Amr Gamal.
Unfortunately, Ramadan Sobhy was substituted after 30 minutes in which he had a chance with a shot that barely swerved away from El-Mahalla’s goalkeeper.
The substitution came after Wael Gomaa received a red card which made coach Youssef compelled to substitute him with Ahmed Nabil ‘Manga’ to fill the gap in defense.
However Sayed Abdelhafiz, Ahly football director, praised Ramadan’s performance saying: “An outstanding player and a win for the team in today’s game as he is 17 (in June) and his performance in El-Mahalla match was good but he was not lucky to continue the game because of the dismissal of the captain of the team.”
“Ramadan’s blessed start will help him reach his goals with Al Ahly since he was praised by the coaching staff and the youth sector,” he added.
Watch individual highlights of his performance below…