The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Zamalek fans allowed to attend CAF Champions League clash against AS Douanes in Cairo
The Ministry of Interior have addressed the Cairo giants about their approval of the attendance of only 20,000 of the club’s supporters in the 75,000-seater Cairo International Stadium on Sunday amidst political unrest in the country, according to Al-Ahram’s Arabic website.
It has been several months since fans were able to attend matches as so far, the Egyptian Premier League has been played behind closed doors.
Zamalek SC last won Africa’s prize trophy 12 years ago and so the club will be looking forward to start their campaign in winning ways at the Cairo International Stadium on Sunday against AS Douanes.
The Whites are set to be without Salah Soliman and Hani Said, who were both an integral part of the team in their past two games, but manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has clearly stated that their absence won’t make the side any weaker as they’ve got players to fill in for the absent ones.
The return match of the preliminary round is set to take place in Niamey on the 16th of February.