Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Zamalek fans allowed to attend CAF Champions League clash against AS Douanes in Cairo
The Ministry of Interior have addressed the Cairo giants about their approval of the attendance of only 20,000 of the club’s supporters in the 75,000-seater Cairo International Stadium on Sunday amidst political unrest in the country, according to Al-Ahram’s Arabic website.
It has been several months since fans were able to attend matches as so far, the Egyptian Premier League has been played behind closed doors.
Zamalek SC last won Africa’s prize trophy 12 years ago and so the club will be looking forward to start their campaign in winning ways at the Cairo International Stadium on Sunday against AS Douanes.
The Whites are set to be without Salah Soliman and Hani Said, who were both an integral part of the team in their past two games, but manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has clearly stated that their absence won’t make the side any weaker as they’ve got players to fill in for the absent ones.
The return match of the preliminary round is set to take place in Niamey on the 16th of February.