The Egyptian national military team has managed to beat Canada 4-0 in...
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
Arles coach: El-Gabas has sacred potential
AC Arles-Avignon coach Franck Dumas expressed his deep admiration for Egyptian forward Mohamed ‘Dodo’ El-Gabas’ skill.
The 26-year-old Egyptian winger joined the French Ligue 2 side in January, but his official debut with the team was on Friday against Niort, as he came on as a second-half substitution.
After yesterday’s match the coach told Mlactu.fr about El-Gabas after his first appearance with the team: “This is someone who is hyper skillful in front of goal, he has a sacred potential.”
He added: “I even talked to some players who told me they were more than surprised to see someone as good.”
El-Gabas joined the team this winter coming from English League One team Swindon Town. The Egyptian has already made two previous appearances for his new team and scored four goals, including the winning goal against Sète with the reserves plus three in a match against Marignane during his trail period.
Dodo was playing for the youth ranks at Al Masry at the age of 14, he then got noticed by a youth scout from Newcastle and he played alongside goalkeeper Roy Carroll and now-West Ham striker Andy Carroll within the youth ranks at Newcastle.
After playing for a year with Newcastle’s youth team, El-Gabas unfortunately could not obtain a work permit and therefore was not able to sign a professional contract with Newcastle. As a result, he returned to his former Egyptian club Al Masry before embarking on a professional career in Europe.