Mohamed Mamdouh Hashem, Pays d’Aix and Egypt’s National Handball team Pivot, spoke...
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
Ghazl El-Mahalla keeper wears Liverpool shirt against Al Ahly
It’s gone slightly unnoticed, but Ghazl El-Mahalla goalkeeper El-Mahdi Soliman wore a Liverpool shirt in a 1-0 loss against Al Ahly in the Egyptian Premier League on Thursday night.
There has been no reasoning given as to how this bizarre situation occurred; however, it is believed that El-Mahalla’s kit man forgot to bring the goalkeeper’s jersey so they were forced to run to a local shop where they picked out the Liverpool kit.
The kit man even went to the extreme length of taping a McDonald’s logo (the sponsor of his side) onto the front of the shirt.
Funnily enough, the last time these two sides met, Ghazl El-Mahalla had to start their goalkeeping coach Nasser Farouk – who even managed to save a penalty – as their two other goalkeepers were injured.