KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
Ghazl El-Mahalla keeper wears Liverpool shirt against Al Ahly
It’s gone slightly unnoticed, but Ghazl El-Mahalla goalkeeper El-Mahdi Soliman wore a Liverpool shirt in a 1-0 loss against Al Ahly in the Egyptian Premier League on Thursday night.
There has been no reasoning given as to how this bizarre situation occurred; however, it is believed that El-Mahalla’s kit man forgot to bring the goalkeeper’s jersey so they were forced to run to a local shop where they picked out the Liverpool kit.
The kit man even went to the extreme length of taping a McDonald’s logo (the sponsor of his side) onto the front of the shirt.
Funnily enough, the last time these two sides met, Ghazl El-Mahalla had to start their goalkeeping coach Nasser Farouk – who even managed to save a penalty – as their two other goalkeepers were injured.