Ahmed Elmohamady played the full 90 minutes as Hull City fell to...
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
Ghazl El-Mahalla keeper wears Liverpool shirt against Al Ahly
It’s gone slightly unnoticed, but Ghazl El-Mahalla goalkeeper El-Mahdi Soliman wore a Liverpool shirt in a 1-0 loss against Al Ahly in the Egyptian Premier League on Thursday night.
There has been no reasoning given as to how this bizarre situation occurred; however, it is believed that El-Mahalla’s kit man forgot to bring the goalkeeper’s jersey so they were forced to run to a local shop where they picked out the Liverpool kit.
The kit man even went to the extreme length of taping a McDonald’s logo (the sponsor of his side) onto the front of the shirt.
Funnily enough, the last time these two sides met, Ghazl El-Mahalla had to start their goalkeeping coach Nasser Farouk – who even managed to save a penalty – as their two other goalkeepers were injured.