The Egyptian national military team has managed to beat Canada 4-0 in...
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
Ghazl El-Mahalla keeper wears Liverpool shirt against Al Ahly
It’s gone slightly unnoticed, but Ghazl El-Mahalla goalkeeper El-Mahdi Soliman wore a Liverpool shirt in a 1-0 loss against Al Ahly in the Egyptian Premier League on Thursday night.
There has been no reasoning given as to how this bizarre situation occurred; however, it is believed that El-Mahalla’s kit man forgot to bring the goalkeeper’s jersey so they were forced to run to a local shop where they picked out the Liverpool kit.
The kit man even went to the extreme length of taping a McDonald’s logo (the sponsor of his side) onto the front of the shirt.
Funnily enough, the last time these two sides met, Ghazl El-Mahalla had to start their goalkeeping coach Nasser Farouk – who even managed to save a penalty – as their two other goalkeepers were injured.