Zamalek manager Momen Soliman revealed that back-up keeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rehim “Gennesh” will...
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
Ghazl El-Mahalla keeper wears Liverpool shirt against Al Ahly
It’s gone slightly unnoticed, but Ghazl El-Mahalla goalkeeper El-Mahdi Soliman wore a Liverpool shirt in a 1-0 loss against Al Ahly in the Egyptian Premier League on Thursday night.
There has been no reasoning given as to how this bizarre situation occurred; however, it is believed that El-Mahalla’s kit man forgot to bring the goalkeeper’s jersey so they were forced to run to a local shop where they picked out the Liverpool kit.
The kit man even went to the extreme length of taping a McDonald’s logo (the sponsor of his side) onto the front of the shirt.
Funnily enough, the last time these two sides met, Ghazl El-Mahalla had to start their goalkeeping coach Nasser Farouk – who even managed to save a penalty – as their two other goalkeepers were injured.