Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Shikabala: Joining Sporting Lisbon was the best decision I ever made
Shikabala stated that joining Sporting Clube de Portugal was the best decision he’s ever made regarding his career.
“Everything happened so fast and I still can’t believe I am here. Moving to Sporting Lisbon was the best thing I’ve done for my career and it is a dream come true,” Shikabala told the Lisbon paper.
“The club is known to produce great players like Luis Figo, Cristiano Ronaldo and Luis Nani. The club is performing really well in the league this season with the help of the fans who cheer the team with such enthusiasm and so, it’s is the thing that helps the team the most in taking it’s natural coarse,” he added.
Shikabala is not the only Arab player in the team as he is accompanied by fellow Algerian International Islam Slimani.
“I don’t know my teammates well enough except for Slimani, but of course I will get to know them more as I am confident that together we will be able to put in some good performances for Sporting Lisbon,” Shikabala concluded.
Shikabala joined Sporting – who sit at second place in the league behind leaders Benfica – seconds before the end of the January transfer window but has not made an appearance yet as the player is currently lacking match fitness as he has not played since his former club Zamalek SC’s win over Wadi Degla in the Egyptian cup final back in October of last year.
Sporting face league leaders Benfica on Sunday and have the chance to overtake them at the top of the league as the difference between them is just two points.