ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Pharaohs drop seven places in February FIFA Rankings
Egypt dropped seven places in the latest FIFA Rankings released on Thursday, moving the Pharaohs down to 5th place in Africa.
After starting the year on a high note in last month’s rankings moving ten places up, the Pharaohs have dropped down seven places in the latest Coca Cola/FIFA rankings released on Thursday, 13th February 2014.
Egypt are now ranked 38th in the world and as a result dropped from 4th to 5th on the continent’s ranking behind leaders Ivory Coast, Algeria, Cape Verde and Ghana.
The Pharaohs were not the only ones hit in the rankings as the continent has suffered major fallings as well. Ivory Coast still number one on the continent but fell six places to 23rd, Algeria have climbed to the 2nd spot with one step up to 26th in the world, Cape Verde made the 3rd spot with eight movements up to 27th, the surprising fall is Ghana who moved down from 2nd spot to 4th after dropping 13 places down to 37th on the world rankings just a place above the Pharaohs.
The biggest fall was Mali who lost 19 places to 59th on the world stage but remains in the top ten on the continent falling from 6th to 9th. Below are Africa’s top ten.
AFRICA’S TOP TEN
1. Ivory Coast – 23
2. Algeria – 26
3. Cape Verde – 27
4. Ghana – 37
5. Egypt – 38
6. Tunisia – 45
7. Cameroon – 46
8. Nigeria – 47
9. Mali – 59
10. Burkina Faso – 62