Al Masry have continued their winning streak as they beat Petrojet 2-1...
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
Pharaohs drop seven places in February FIFA Rankings
Egypt dropped seven places in the latest FIFA Rankings released on Thursday, moving the Pharaohs down to 5th place in Africa.
After starting the year on a high note in last month’s rankings moving ten places up, the Pharaohs have dropped down seven places in the latest Coca Cola/FIFA rankings released on Thursday, 13th February 2014.
Egypt are now ranked 38th in the world and as a result dropped from 4th to 5th on the continent’s ranking behind leaders Ivory Coast, Algeria, Cape Verde and Ghana.
The Pharaohs were not the only ones hit in the rankings as the continent has suffered major fallings as well. Ivory Coast still number one on the continent but fell six places to 23rd, Algeria have climbed to the 2nd spot with one step up to 26th in the world, Cape Verde made the 3rd spot with eight movements up to 27th, the surprising fall is Ghana who moved down from 2nd spot to 4th after dropping 13 places down to 37th on the world rankings just a place above the Pharaohs.
The biggest fall was Mali who lost 19 places to 59th on the world stage but remains in the top ten on the continent falling from 6th to 9th. Below are Africa’s top ten.