Argentina and Barcelona legend Lionel Messi spoke about Egypt, his visit in...
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
Amr Warda begins trial with IK Start in Norway
Al Ahly U-20 playmaker Amr Warda arrived in Norway on Thursday night ahead of his week-long trial with Tippeligaen side IK Start FC.
The 20-year-old, who said he played his last match for Al Ahly’s U-20 side on Tuesday, began training with IK Start on Friday morning and is soon expected to feature for the Norwegian side in a friendly.
Speaking to the Tippeligaen side’s official website, Warda said: “I’m here for trial and I will do my best to play in IK Start.”
When asked how he will convince head coach Mons Ivar Mjelde of his skills, Warda responded: “I will do everything in the field, and I will show him my skills for him to know I’m a good player to play in IK Start.”
The young Egyptian did not seem too impressed with Norway’s weather however, and admitted this was his first time ever seeing snow – while the stadium’s pitch is covered in it.
Warda, who just missed out of Egypt’s squad for the 2013 U-20 World Cup – after falling out with coach Rabie Yassin – was also on trial with La Liga side Sevilla FC in the summer.
The playmaker is expected to be included in Hossam El-Badry’s Olympic team for the 2015 Africa U-23 Championship in DR Congo as they aim to qualify for Rio 2016.