Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Amr Warda begins trial with IK Start in Norway
Al Ahly U-20 playmaker Amr Warda arrived in Norway on Thursday night ahead of his week-long trial with Tippeligaen side IK Start FC.
The 20-year-old, who said he played his last match for Al Ahly’s U-20 side on Tuesday, began training with IK Start on Friday morning and is soon expected to feature for the Norwegian side in a friendly.
Speaking to the Tippeligaen side’s official website, Warda said: “I’m here for trial and I will do my best to play in IK Start.”
When asked how he will convince head coach Mons Ivar Mjelde of his skills, Warda responded: “I will do everything in the field, and I will show him my skills for him to know I’m a good player to play in IK Start.”
The young Egyptian did not seem too impressed with Norway’s weather however, and admitted this was his first time ever seeing snow – while the stadium’s pitch is covered in it.
Warda, who just missed out of Egypt’s squad for the 2013 U-20 World Cup – after falling out with coach Rabie Yassin – was also on trial with La Liga side Sevilla FC in the summer.
The playmaker is expected to be included in Hossam El-Badry’s Olympic team for the 2015 Africa U-23 Championship in DR Congo as they aim to qualify for Rio 2016.