Braga suffered a 3-2 defeat in a thrilling game against third-placed Sporting...
- Dost nets hat-trick in Sporting’s 3-2 win over Braga
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
Shikabala impresses in Sporting Lisbon training
The widespread Portuguese newspaper “A Bola” said that the technical quality demonstrated by Shikabala in practice on Friday made the coaching staff impressed with the player as an addition to the structure of football for the club.
After the first observations, those responsible at Sporting are convinced that the Egyptian can add much to the team in terms of unpredictability in the attacking-third, that seems to be lacking in the team as they have managed to score only two goals in their last four matches.
Despite the high quality shown by Shikabala, the newspaper said that the player will not be included in the squad for the club’s next match against Olhanense.
However, Shikabala is expected to feature for Sporting Lisbon B in their next match as the Egyptian is yet to reach the ideal fitness levels for competition.