Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
VIDEO: Salah plays second half as Manchester City knock Chelsea out of FA Cup
Mohamed Salah came on for his FA Cup debut at half-time, replacing Samuel Eto’o as Chelsea were already 1-0 down thanks to Stevan Jovetic’s first half strike.
21-year-old Salah was initially leading the line ahead of Ramires, Willian and Hazard but seemed a little bit nervous as he struggled and barely saw the ball in the first 15 minutes he was on.
Salah quickly moved to his familiar right wing position when Torres was brought on the hour mark.
However, the Egyptian winger started to drop deep as City were piling up pressure on Chelsea at the Etihad as the visitors were struggling to find the equaliser.
Salah didn’t create any real chances, but he was often linking up with Hazard who constantly lost the ball – likely to due exhaustion like the majority of the Chelsea team having only 48 hours to prepare for the game while City’s Premier League game midweek was called off due to unsafe conditions.
The Egyptian produced a decent cross from the right which City’s Javi Garcia managed to clear for a throw. In the dying minutes of the game, Salah worked his way into the box but this time his cross went straight into Pantilimon’s hands.
Chelsea face Everton next in the Premier League on the 22nd of February at Stamford Bridge.