Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
VIDEO: Salah plays second half as Manchester City knock Chelsea out of FA Cup
Mohamed Salah came on for his FA Cup debut at half-time, replacing Samuel Eto’o as Chelsea were already 1-0 down thanks to Stevan Jovetic’s first half strike.
21-year-old Salah was initially leading the line ahead of Ramires, Willian and Hazard but seemed a little bit nervous as he struggled and barely saw the ball in the first 15 minutes he was on.
Salah quickly moved to his familiar right wing position when Torres was brought on the hour mark.
However, the Egyptian winger started to drop deep as City were piling up pressure on Chelsea at the Etihad as the visitors were struggling to find the equaliser.
Salah didn’t create any real chances, but he was often linking up with Hazard who constantly lost the ball – likely to due exhaustion like the majority of the Chelsea team having only 48 hours to prepare for the game while City’s Premier League game midweek was called off due to unsafe conditions.
The Egyptian produced a decent cross from the right which City’s Javi Garcia managed to clear for a throw. In the dying minutes of the game, Salah worked his way into the box but this time his cross went straight into Pantilimon’s hands.
Chelsea face Everton next in the Premier League on the 22nd of February at Stamford Bridge.