Zamalek failed to recover from their loss of the CAF Champions League...
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
Shikabala limps off in Sporting Lisbon B debut
27-year-old Shikabala’s debut attracted many people to Sporting’s academy, in Alcochete, for a middle-of-the-table clash between Sporting Lisbon B and Tondela in the Liga2 Cabovisão, the second tier of Portuguese football.
However, it was the away side who got the opening goal. At the 19th minute, Argentinian Lucas Romano scored the goal for Tondela, with a header inside the box.
Despite that, Sporting attempted to reply. Shikabala’s pass found Lewis Enoh and passed to Iuri Medeiros who was fouled inside the box and the referee pointed to the penalty spot. Ricardo Esgaio’s penalty, however, was saved by the goalkeeper.
At this point, Shikabala was already complaining of a foul he suffered and at the 28th minute, he limped off the field and was replaced by Ousmane Dramé.
Shikabala suffered an ankle injury, but its seriousness is still to be determined. He also showed signs of fatigue very early on in the match, which explains his absence from call-ups from the main squad.
Moments before the end of the second half, Tondela were also awarded a penalty, after Samba fouled Tiago Barros. Piojo took the penalty, but it was wide of the target.
Until the end of the match, Sporting dominated and attempted to equalize, but the chances were not effective and Tondela’s defensive stance also prevented the home side from attacking often. The match also suffered from frequent interruptions due to injured players, lowering the quality of the game.
0-1 the final score. Sporting B drop to 7th place in the table, with Tondela right behind them, one point behind.