Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Shikabala limps off in Sporting Lisbon B debut
27-year-old Shikabala’s debut attracted many people to Sporting’s academy, in Alcochete, for a middle-of-the-table clash between Sporting Lisbon B and Tondela in the Liga2 Cabovisão, the second tier of Portuguese football.
However, it was the away side who got the opening goal. At the 19th minute, Argentinian Lucas Romano scored the goal for Tondela, with a header inside the box.
Despite that, Sporting attempted to reply. Shikabala’s pass found Lewis Enoh and passed to Iuri Medeiros who was fouled inside the box and the referee pointed to the penalty spot. Ricardo Esgaio’s penalty, however, was saved by the goalkeeper.
At this point, Shikabala was already complaining of a foul he suffered and at the 28th minute, he limped off the field and was replaced by Ousmane Dramé.
Shikabala suffered an ankle injury, but its seriousness is still to be determined. He also showed signs of fatigue very early on in the match, which explains his absence from call-ups from the main squad.
Moments before the end of the second half, Tondela were also awarded a penalty, after Samba fouled Tiago Barros. Piojo took the penalty, but it was wide of the target.
Until the end of the match, Sporting dominated and attempted to equalize, but the chances were not effective and Tondela’s defensive stance also prevented the home side from attacking often. The match also suffered from frequent interruptions due to injured players, lowering the quality of the game.
0-1 the final score. Sporting B drop to 7th place in the table, with Tondela right behind them, one point behind.