Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
VIDEO: Zamalek qualify to CAF Champions League round of 32 with win at Douanes
Zamalek beat the Niger champions 1-0 in Niger – after their first victory in Egypt 2-0, taking the score to 3-0 on aggregate and thereby, Mido’s men have successfully booked a place in the competition’s round of 32 in what is the first trial for the young Egyptian manager.
The game was steady in the first half with AS Douanes posing more threat on Zamalek as they forced Abdelwahed to two straight saves, amidst Mahmoud Fathalla’s error.
Zamalek came alive in the second half when Mido decided it was time for Hazem Emam to participate, and what a decision it was as the mercurial right wing-back scored the game’s only goal after latching onto Ahmed Gafaar’s cross from the left and putting the ball into the net.
The Whites had two more close chances when Omar Gaber went one-on-one with AS Douanes’ goalkeeper but the keeper saved his chance while the second was a header from Ahmed Ali that went just wide.
After the game, manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ promised that soon enough all African teams will fear the Whites.
It is worth noting that this is the club’s first away win in Africa since beating Maghreb AS de Fes in 2012.