Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
VIDEO: Zamalek qualify to CAF Champions League round of 32 with win at Douanes
Zamalek beat the Niger champions 1-0 in Niger – after their first victory in Egypt 2-0, taking the score to 3-0 on aggregate and thereby, Mido’s men have successfully booked a place in the competition’s round of 32 in what is the first trial for the young Egyptian manager.
The game was steady in the first half with AS Douanes posing more threat on Zamalek as they forced Abdelwahed to two straight saves, amidst Mahmoud Fathalla’s error.
Zamalek came alive in the second half when Mido decided it was time for Hazem Emam to participate, and what a decision it was as the mercurial right wing-back scored the game’s only goal after latching onto Ahmed Gafaar’s cross from the left and putting the ball into the net.
The Whites had two more close chances when Omar Gaber went one-on-one with AS Douanes’ goalkeeper but the keeper saved his chance while the second was a header from Ahmed Ali that went just wide.
After the game, manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ promised that soon enough all African teams will fear the Whites.
It is worth noting that this is the club’s first away win in Africa since beating Maghreb AS de Fes in 2012.