Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Mido: I used Juventus’ style of play against AS Douanes
Zamalek managed to beat AS Douanes in Niger 1-0 on Sunday thanks to a goal from Hazem Emam, but it was how Mido managed the game that caught everyone’s attention.
Speaking to reporters after the match, Mido said: “I wrote the scenario of how the game will pan out and I told my players before kick-off.
“I put more men in the middle of the park to narrow the spaces for AS Douanes in the first half so that they attack in the second.
“I told the players that we will attack in the second half and everyone knew that the substitution will change how the team looked.
“When we went up, I added a third defender to the back-line so that we can protect our lead.
“The third defender was not a sweeper. I used the more modern formation of three at the back exactly like Juventus,” said the former AS Roma player.
Mido then followed by stating that he is aiming to put Zamalek back onto the summit of African football, a team which all clubs fear, just like when he was growing up.
“When I was young, I was always proud that Zamalek were the biggest club in Africa,” Mido said.
“With all my travels with the national team in the 90’s, the African’s new nothing of Egypt but Zamalek.
“I told the players that we have to go back to being Africa’s most feared team and I trust that we will achieve that,” Mido concluded.