Ahmed Hamoudi has penned a contract with Swiss giants FC Basel after...
- OFFICIAL: Egypt’s Ahmed Hamoudi signs for FC Basel
- Zamalek and Mazembe play out goalless draw
- Salah features in narrow Chelsea win
- El-Nenny plays 90 minutes in Basel’s 3-0 win over Luzern
- EXCLUSIVE: Hamoudi confirms Basel medical, set to travel ‘in two days’
- EXCLUSIVE: Bradley confirms no Stabæk move for El-Sulaya
- Kahraba off in tears as Thun defeat Grasshoppers
- Al Ahly defeat Séwé Sport to go top of Group B
- Official: Didier Drogba returns to Chelsea
- Ismaily finalise Essam El-Hadary deal
Mourinho: Next season is Salah’s break-through season
Salah signed for Chelsea in January coming from FC Basel of Switzerland but has yet to show the form expected from him in the three games that he came on for Chelsea as a sub, most recently against Manchester City on Saturday.
During his presence at Nyon for his ambassadorial role for watchmakers ‘Hublot’, Jose Mourinho spoke to French newspaper Le Matin about Salah saying: “You know, playing at Stamford Bridge is not the same as playing for FC Basel.
“With Basel you play to you enjoy your time and you have nothing to lose. While in the blue shirt, you have 40,000 people that you are required to please. Everyone wants you to be decisive, all the time.
“So I think Mohamed needs six months to adapt our game and the demands of the Premier League. I am calm and I’m telling him that he has time because we have confidence in him. I think next season is Mohamed Salah’s break-through season,” Mourinho concluded.