The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Mourinho: Next season is Salah’s break-through season
Salah signed for Chelsea in January coming from FC Basel of Switzerland but has yet to show the form expected from him in the three games that he came on for Chelsea as a sub, most recently against Manchester City on Saturday.
During his presence at Nyon for his ambassadorial role for watchmakers ‘Hublot’, Jose Mourinho spoke to French newspaper Le Matin about Salah saying: “You know, playing at Stamford Bridge is not the same as playing for FC Basel.
“With Basel you play to you enjoy your time and you have nothing to lose. While in the blue shirt, you have 40,000 people that you are required to please. Everyone wants you to be decisive, all the time.
“So I think Mohamed needs six months to adapt our game and the demands of the Premier League. I am calm and I’m telling him that he has time because we have confidence in him. I think next season is Mohamed Salah’s break-through season,” Mourinho concluded.