A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Chile added to Egypt’s upcoming slate of friendlies
Egypt have added Chile to it’s upcoming schedule of friendly internationals, agreeing to a May 30 date in Santiago.
The Pharaohs will be preparing for the upcoming 2015 African Cup of Nations qualifiers while Chile gears up for this year’s FIFA World Cup finals in Brazil, where they’ll be paired with tournament holders Spain, 2010 runners-up the Netherlands, and Australia.
The two last played a friendly match early last year in Madrid, with Egypt squandering countless scoring chances before succumbing to a 2-1 defeat.
Egypt’s pending slue of friendlies kicks off with Bosnia (in Austria) on March 5. They’re also scheduled to play Portugal (in London) on May 25 and at Russia on June 1. The schedule would appear to include excessive traveling, but there’s been no word yet on any possible cancellations.
Egypt will hold its first training camp under new manager Shawky Gharib on February 28.