Al Ahly received $3.8 million of the transfer fees of former Red...
- Marwan ElShorbagy defeats brother to reach Windy City Open semi-finals
- Monfils eliminates Safwat from Dubai Tennis Championships
- Ahmed Elmohamady: Everything has changed at Hull City
- Al Ahly announce stadium for Bidvest Wits clash
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
Chile added to Egypt’s upcoming slate of friendlies
Egypt have added Chile to it’s upcoming schedule of friendly internationals, agreeing to a May 30 date in Santiago.
The Pharaohs will be preparing for the upcoming 2015 African Cup of Nations qualifiers while Chile gears up for this year’s FIFA World Cup finals in Brazil, where they’ll be paired with tournament holders Spain, 2010 runners-up the Netherlands, and Australia.
The two last played a friendly match early last year in Madrid, with Egypt squandering countless scoring chances before succumbing to a 2-1 defeat.
Egypt’s pending slue of friendlies kicks off with Bosnia (in Austria) on March 5. They’re also scheduled to play Portugal (in London) on May 25 and at Russia on June 1. The schedule would appear to include excessive traveling, but there’s been no word yet on any possible cancellations.
Egypt will hold its first training camp under new manager Shawky Gharib on February 28.