Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Chile added to Egypt’s upcoming slate of friendlies
Egypt have added Chile to it’s upcoming schedule of friendly internationals, agreeing to a May 30 date in Santiago.
The Pharaohs will be preparing for the upcoming 2015 African Cup of Nations qualifiers while Chile gears up for this year’s FIFA World Cup finals in Brazil, where they’ll be paired with tournament holders Spain, 2010 runners-up the Netherlands, and Australia.
The two last played a friendly match early last year in Madrid, with Egypt squandering countless scoring chances before succumbing to a 2-1 defeat.
Egypt’s pending slue of friendlies kicks off with Bosnia (in Austria) on March 5. They’re also scheduled to play Portugal (in London) on May 25 and at Russia on June 1. The schedule would appear to include excessive traveling, but there’s been no word yet on any possible cancellations.
Egypt will hold its first training camp under new manager Shawky Gharib on February 28.