In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
Chile added to Egypt’s upcoming slate of friendlies
Egypt have added Chile to it’s upcoming schedule of friendly internationals, agreeing to a May 30 date in Santiago.
The Pharaohs will be preparing for the upcoming 2015 African Cup of Nations qualifiers while Chile gears up for this year’s FIFA World Cup finals in Brazil, where they’ll be paired with tournament holders Spain, 2010 runners-up the Netherlands, and Australia.
The two last played a friendly match early last year in Madrid, with Egypt squandering countless scoring chances before succumbing to a 2-1 defeat.
Egypt’s pending slue of friendlies kicks off with Bosnia (in Austria) on March 5. They’re also scheduled to play Portugal (in London) on May 25 and at Russia on June 1. The schedule would appear to include excessive traveling, but there’s been no word yet on any possible cancellations.
Egypt will hold its first training camp under new manager Shawky Gharib on February 28.