Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
El-Nenny returns to Israel as Basel held by Maccabi Tel Aviv
Mohamed El-Nenny returned to Israel as his FC Basel side took on Maccabi Tel Aviv in the first leg of the Europa League Round of 32, this time without Mohamed Salah and controversy.
El-Nenny started in his usual position in the centre of midfield and played the whole game in Basel’s 0-0 draw with Maccabi. In a game of no goals the match lacked any spark and chances on goal were few and far between; Evidently, Basel were missing the energy of Mohamed Salah, who left in the January transfer window. The draw ended Basel’s four consecutive win streak in all competitions.
FC Basel will host Maccabi Tel Aviv next thursday at the St. Jakob Park stadium.