Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
El-Nenny returns to Israel as Basel held by Maccabi Tel Aviv
Mohamed El-Nenny returned to Israel as his FC Basel side took on Maccabi Tel Aviv in the first leg of the Europa League Round of 32, this time without Mohamed Salah and controversy.
El-Nenny started in his usual position in the centre of midfield and played the whole game in Basel’s 0-0 draw with Maccabi. In a game of no goals the match lacked any spark and chances on goal were few and far between; Evidently, Basel were missing the energy of Mohamed Salah, who left in the January transfer window. The draw ended Basel’s four consecutive win streak in all competitions.
FC Basel will host Maccabi Tel Aviv next thursday at the St. Jakob Park stadium.