Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Metab would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Burkina Faso’s Moussa Yedan makes instant impact to win first title with Al Ahly
Burkinabé footballer Moussa Yedan helped the Red Devils win the African Super Cup on Thursday night after beating Tunisia’s Club Sportif Sfaxien 3-2, in a match that was witnessed by more than 20 thousand Ahly fans at the Cairo International stadium.
Al Ahly bought Moussa Yedan for $200,000 last January on a three-and-a-half year contract following two good seasons with Cameroonian side Coton Sport; thus far, he has only played a few minutes for the Red Devils.
However, Mohamed Youssef gave him a chance on Thursday night by playing him for 24 minutes in the CAF Super Cup final against CS Sfaxien.
Yedan said earlier: “I don’t know the reason why I am not playing but it’s the coach’s point of view.”
“I wish to play against Sfaxien… I know them well,” said Yedan one day before the match.
Moussa did not start the match but Al Ahly coach Mohamed Youssef sent him on the pitch as a substitute for Abdallah El-Said after 66 minutes.
The 24-year-old proved himself less than two minutes later by assisting the third goal, which proved to be the winner. He received the ball from Ahmed Fathi and sent in a beautiful cross which Amr Gamal was able to convert to a goal.
This cross was likely a reminder for Ahly fans of their former Angolan player, Gilberto – one of the team’s most successful left backs.