Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Abdallah Gomaa debuts as FC Union Berlin notch maiden 2014 win
FC Union Berlin picked up their first three points of 2014 thanks to 33-year-old German midfielder Torsten Mattuschka, who scored one and set up the other for the 2. Bundesliga side in a 2-0 win over FSV Frankfurt on Friday evening.
Mattuschka converted from the penalty spot on the 39th minute to give the home side the lead following a dominant first-half performance.
FSV Frankfurt’s hopes of finding the equalizer were put to bed by Fabian Schönheim 15 minutes from time. The German defender skipped past a Frankfurt player after exchanging passes with Mattuschka before doubling the home side’s lead to seal the points.
18-year-old Egyptian Abdallah Gomaa, who joined Berlin on loan from ENPPI during the winter transfer window, replaced MOTM Mattuschka after 85 minutes for his official debut in Germany.
Gomaa’s Berlin are currently sitting third in the 2. Bundesliga table ahead of their trip to St. Pauli, only trailing Fürth on goal difference while Köln are six points clear at the top of the table.