Ahmed Elmohamady played the full 90 minutes as Hull City fell to...
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
Abdallah Gomaa debuts as FC Union Berlin notch maiden 2014 win
FC Union Berlin picked up their first three points of 2014 thanks to 33-year-old German midfielder Torsten Mattuschka, who scored one and set up the other for the 2. Bundesliga side in a 2-0 win over FSV Frankfurt on Friday evening.
Mattuschka converted from the penalty spot on the 39th minute to give the home side the lead following a dominant first-half performance.
FSV Frankfurt’s hopes of finding the equalizer were put to bed by Fabian Schönheim 15 minutes from time. The German defender skipped past a Frankfurt player after exchanging passes with Mattuschka before doubling the home side’s lead to seal the points.
18-year-old Egyptian Abdallah Gomaa, who joined Berlin on loan from ENPPI during the winter transfer window, replaced MOTM Mattuschka after 85 minutes for his official debut in Germany.
Gomaa’s Berlin are currently sitting third in the 2. Bundesliga table ahead of their trip to St. Pauli, only trailing Fürth on goal difference while Köln are six points clear at the top of the table.