Mohamed Mamdouh Hashem, Pays d’Aix and Egypt’s National Handball team Pivot, spoke...
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
Abdallah Gomaa debuts as FC Union Berlin notch maiden 2014 win
FC Union Berlin picked up their first three points of 2014 thanks to 33-year-old German midfielder Torsten Mattuschka, who scored one and set up the other for the 2. Bundesliga side in a 2-0 win over FSV Frankfurt on Friday evening.
Mattuschka converted from the penalty spot on the 39th minute to give the home side the lead following a dominant first-half performance.
FSV Frankfurt’s hopes of finding the equalizer were put to bed by Fabian Schönheim 15 minutes from time. The German defender skipped past a Frankfurt player after exchanging passes with Mattuschka before doubling the home side’s lead to seal the points.
18-year-old Egyptian Abdallah Gomaa, who joined Berlin on loan from ENPPI during the winter transfer window, replaced MOTM Mattuschka after 85 minutes for his official debut in Germany.
Gomaa’s Berlin are currently sitting third in the 2. Bundesliga table ahead of their trip to St. Pauli, only trailing Fürth on goal difference while Köln are six points clear at the top of the table.