Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Abdallah Gomaa debuts as FC Union Berlin notch maiden 2014 win
FC Union Berlin picked up their first three points of 2014 thanks to 33-year-old German midfielder Torsten Mattuschka, who scored one and set up the other for the 2. Bundesliga side in a 2-0 win over FSV Frankfurt on Friday evening.
Mattuschka converted from the penalty spot on the 39th minute to give the home side the lead following a dominant first-half performance.
FSV Frankfurt’s hopes of finding the equalizer were put to bed by Fabian Schönheim 15 minutes from time. The German defender skipped past a Frankfurt player after exchanging passes with Mattuschka before doubling the home side’s lead to seal the points.
18-year-old Egyptian Abdallah Gomaa, who joined Berlin on loan from ENPPI during the winter transfer window, replaced MOTM Mattuschka after 85 minutes for his official debut in Germany.
Gomaa’s Berlin are currently sitting third in the 2. Bundesliga table ahead of their trip to St. Pauli, only trailing Fürth on goal difference while Köln are six points clear at the top of the table.