The Egyptian national military team has managed to beat Canada 4-0 in...
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
Abdallah Gomaa debuts as FC Union Berlin notch maiden 2014 win
FC Union Berlin picked up their first three points of 2014 thanks to 33-year-old German midfielder Torsten Mattuschka, who scored one and set up the other for the 2. Bundesliga side in a 2-0 win over FSV Frankfurt on Friday evening.
Mattuschka converted from the penalty spot on the 39th minute to give the home side the lead following a dominant first-half performance.
FSV Frankfurt’s hopes of finding the equalizer were put to bed by Fabian Schönheim 15 minutes from time. The German defender skipped past a Frankfurt player after exchanging passes with Mattuschka before doubling the home side’s lead to seal the points.
18-year-old Egyptian Abdallah Gomaa, who joined Berlin on loan from ENPPI during the winter transfer window, replaced MOTM Mattuschka after 85 minutes for his official debut in Germany.
Gomaa’s Berlin are currently sitting third in the 2. Bundesliga table ahead of their trip to St. Pauli, only trailing Fürth on goal difference while Köln are six points clear at the top of the table.