Former Tottenham Hotspur striker Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has given an outrageous vow...
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
Report: Al Ahly dispatch Milan as the most decorated club in the world
After Al Ahly claimed their 6th African Super Cup at the Cairo International Stadium on Thursday night, the club dispatched AC Milan to become the most internationally decorated club in the world.
Following Al Ahly’s recent Super Cup triumph with a 3-2 win over Sfaxien, the African champions won their 19th international trophy which means that they surpass the record jointly held by AC Milan and Boca Junior’s to become the most internationally decorated club in the world.
On that occasion, Italian newspaper La Gazzetta Dello Sport published an article titled: ‘Milan is no longer the most successful club in the world.’
“Al Ahly, who now have 19 international trophies, exceeding Boca Junior’s and AC Milan, want to make checks,” referring to the fact that AC Milan wants to check Al Ahly’s international trophies.
“West-facing fearful gaze was a mistake. Other than Boca, the danger comes from the south: Egypt, Cairo, the city in which plays Al Ahly. What does that have to do with Milan? Simple, and on the same historical day: The day before yesterday, the red and white of the chairman Hassan Hamdy, on the day of the 28th anniversary of the presidency Berlusconi, have passed the Tunisians Sfaxien 3-2, winning their sixth African Super Cup.”
“Well this, merely a trivial addition on the bulletin board, is the nineteenth international title in their history. Fatal news by Aldo Rossi: AC Milan , who share with Boca Junior’s the record (18 titles), won over one hundred titles between national and international competitions (even in the Arab world).”
“The nineteenth success of Al Ahly ousts Milan: 8 CAF Champions League (the European Cup of Africa), 4 African Cup Winners cup , 6 African Super Cups and one Afro-Asian cup. A tournament which looked a bit ‘special ‘but that involves two minor leagues but still official, and that saw Al Ahly impose itself on the Japanese Yomiuri in a final return. The Cup was abolished in ’98, and at that time was the alter ego of that European-South American.”
Furthermore, Al Ahly wants AC Milan to remove the slogan written under the club’s crest “il club piu titolato al mondo”, which translates to “the most titled club in the world”.