Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
Sheffield United seek to sign Ibrahim Salah – Agent
Mohamed Ramadan, the agent of Egypt and Al-Orouba defensive midfielder Ibrahim Salah, claims to have received an offer from Sheffield United who are interested in signing his client in the summer.
The former Zamalek player has been tipped to rejoin the White Knights from Saudi Arabia, while Cairo rivals Al Ahly have also been continuously linked with the 26-year-old; however, his agent denied that he’s on the verge of a return to Egypt.
“All the rumors about Salah approaching Al Ahly or Zamalek are not true, it’s only just oral talks,” Ramadan told Saudi media.
“The player received an offer from English side Sheffield [United] through a Saudi agency, and also most of the top teams in the Saudi league want to sign him,” Ramadan continued.
Ramadan added, “We are currently studying all the offers that have arrived and we haven’t yet made a decision.”
Salah joined newly-promoted Saudi Pro League side Al-Orouba on a free transfer in the summer, after allowing his contract to expire with Zamalek.
However, Zamalek board member Ayman Younes said on Saturday that their former player’s desire is to return to the Whites, who are now managed by Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’.
It is noteworthy that the only Egyptian player to ever play for Sheffield United was Ahmed Fathi in 2007, when the club were still in the English Premier League.