Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Sheffield United seek to sign Ibrahim Salah – Agent
Mohamed Ramadan, the agent of Egypt and Al-Orouba defensive midfielder Ibrahim Salah, claims to have received an offer from Sheffield United who are interested in signing his client in the summer.
The former Zamalek player has been tipped to rejoin the White Knights from Saudi Arabia, while Cairo rivals Al Ahly have also been continuously linked with the 26-year-old; however, his agent denied that he’s on the verge of a return to Egypt.
“All the rumors about Salah approaching Al Ahly or Zamalek are not true, it’s only just oral talks,” Ramadan told Saudi media.
“The player received an offer from English side Sheffield [United] through a Saudi agency, and also most of the top teams in the Saudi league want to sign him,” Ramadan continued.
Ramadan added, “We are currently studying all the offers that have arrived and we haven’t yet made a decision.”
Salah joined newly-promoted Saudi Pro League side Al-Orouba on a free transfer in the summer, after allowing his contract to expire with Zamalek.
However, Zamalek board member Ayman Younes said on Saturday that their former player’s desire is to return to the Whites, who are now managed by Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’.
It is noteworthy that the only Egyptian player to ever play for Sheffield United was Ahmed Fathi in 2007, when the club were still in the English Premier League.