Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Ghaly extends stay at Lierse SK for another year
Former Spurs midfielder Ghaly, who initially joined Lierse SK on a one-year deal from Al Ahly last summer, has extended his contract with the Belgian side for another year, the club’s official website announced on Monday.
“Lierse is happy to announce the extension of the contracts of both strong holders Hossam Ghaly and Rachid Bourabia. The agreements of both players were about to end. Having signed their new deals, both of them will stay at Lierse until 2015,” said a statement posted on the club’s official website.
Ghaly’s contract with Al Ahly expired last June, and despite the Red Devils‘ board expressing their desire to hold on to their captain, he decided to leave Egypt due to the political instability.
The Belgian club owned by Egyptian businessman Maged Samy are currently 11th in the Jupiler Pro League with 31 points from 28 games.