Mali coach Alain Giresse officially confirmed that Soumbeyla Diakite and attacker Adama Traoré...
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
Ghaly extends stay at Lierse SK for another year
Former Spurs midfielder Ghaly, who initially joined Lierse SK on a one-year deal from Al Ahly last summer, has extended his contract with the Belgian side for another year, the club’s official website announced on Monday.
“Lierse is happy to announce the extension of the contracts of both strong holders Hossam Ghaly and Rachid Bourabia. The agreements of both players were about to end. Having signed their new deals, both of them will stay at Lierse until 2015,” said a statement posted on the club’s official website.
Ghaly’s contract with Al Ahly expired last June, and despite the Red Devils‘ board expressing their desire to hold on to their captain, he decided to leave Egypt due to the political instability.
The Belgian club owned by Egyptian businessman Maged Samy are currently 11th in the Jupiler Pro League with 31 points from 28 games.