Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger made a round up on the team’s injured...
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
- Anderlecht coach: Trezeguet is developing well away from the spotlight
Shikabala sets sights on Porto clash
Egyptian international Shikabala has recovered from his injury and is now planning to make an impact in next week’s important match against FC Porto.
After suffering an ankle injury just 28 minutes into his debut in Sporting Lisbon colours – for the B team against Tondela – Shikabala has recovered, returned to full training and is now an option for coach Leonardo Jardim ahead of next week’s clash with FC Porto.
Yesterday, the 28-year-old was tested in the number 10 position and is likely to feature in a match this weekend. Leonardo Jardim wants to give Shikabala more game time, in order to improve his fitness and speed up his adaptation with the tactical system.
Sporting’s main winter transfer has not yet made his debut for the main squad, but that may happen this weekend, either for the main team against Vitória de Setúbal, or have another outing for the B team, against Académico de Viseu.
Sporting enters the final leg of the championship four points behind rivals Benfica and will visit Vitória de Setúbal this weekend before facing off against FC Porto, a match which will be crucial in determining which team gets direct access to the Champions League.