Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Shikabala sets sights on Porto clash
Egyptian international Shikabala has recovered from his injury and is now planning to make an impact in next week’s important match against FC Porto.
After suffering an ankle injury just 28 minutes into his debut in Sporting Lisbon colours – for the B team against Tondela – Shikabala has recovered, returned to full training and is now an option for coach Leonardo Jardim ahead of next week’s clash with FC Porto.
Yesterday, the 28-year-old was tested in the number 10 position and is likely to feature in a match this weekend. Leonardo Jardim wants to give Shikabala more game time, in order to improve his fitness and speed up his adaptation with the tactical system.
Sporting’s main winter transfer has not yet made his debut for the main squad, but that may happen this weekend, either for the main team against Vitória de Setúbal, or have another outing for the B team, against Académico de Viseu.
Sporting enters the final leg of the championship four points behind rivals Benfica and will visit Vitória de Setúbal this weekend before facing off against FC Porto, a match which will be crucial in determining which team gets direct access to the Champions League.