Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Shikabala plays 30 minutes in Sporting Lisbon B loss
Earlier in the week, coach Leonardo Jardim tested Shikabala in training, to test his fitness and skill following his ankle injury on his debut, which sidelined him for three weeks. Afterwards the coach stated that: “He might have to return to the B team in order to get some game time.”
And that’s exactly what happened this Sunday. Shikabala started on the bench a match against Académico de Viseu, in the 33rd round of the Liga2 Cabovisão.
The match was not packed with action and a stalemate was the score at half-time. In the second half, Sporting made changes in order to boost their attack and Shikabala came on the 61st minute, in place of Iuri Medeiros. However, it was Ac. Viseu who got the goal, in the 70th minute via Cafú.
Shikabala wasn’t able to contribute much to the match, but his objective for more game time was achieved. Sporting B are now with five straight defeats away from home and lay 7th in the table.