Egyptian champions Tala’a El-Gaish lost their third game in a row at...
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
Shikabala plays 30 minutes in Sporting Lisbon B loss
Earlier in the week, coach Leonardo Jardim tested Shikabala in training, to test his fitness and skill following his ankle injury on his debut, which sidelined him for three weeks. Afterwards the coach stated that: “He might have to return to the B team in order to get some game time.”
And that’s exactly what happened this Sunday. Shikabala started on the bench a match against Académico de Viseu, in the 33rd round of the Liga2 Cabovisão.
The match was not packed with action and a stalemate was the score at half-time. In the second half, Sporting made changes in order to boost their attack and Shikabala came on the 61st minute, in place of Iuri Medeiros. However, it was Ac. Viseu who got the goal, in the 70th minute via Cafú.
Shikabala wasn’t able to contribute much to the match, but his objective for more game time was achieved. Sporting B are now with five straight defeats away from home and lay 7th in the table.