Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Shikabala plays 30 minutes in Sporting Lisbon B loss
Earlier in the week, coach Leonardo Jardim tested Shikabala in training, to test his fitness and skill following his ankle injury on his debut, which sidelined him for three weeks. Afterwards the coach stated that: “He might have to return to the B team in order to get some game time.”
And that’s exactly what happened this Sunday. Shikabala started on the bench a match against Académico de Viseu, in the 33rd round of the Liga2 Cabovisão.
The match was not packed with action and a stalemate was the score at half-time. In the second half, Sporting made changes in order to boost their attack and Shikabala came on the 61st minute, in place of Iuri Medeiros. However, it was Ac. Viseu who got the goal, in the 70th minute via Cafú.
Shikabala wasn’t able to contribute much to the match, but his objective for more game time was achieved. Sporting B are now with five straight defeats away from home and lay 7th in the table.