AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Shikabala plays 30 minutes in Sporting Lisbon B loss
Earlier in the week, coach Leonardo Jardim tested Shikabala in training, to test his fitness and skill following his ankle injury on his debut, which sidelined him for three weeks. Afterwards the coach stated that: “He might have to return to the B team in order to get some game time.”
And that’s exactly what happened this Sunday. Shikabala started on the bench a match against Académico de Viseu, in the 33rd round of the Liga2 Cabovisão.
The match was not packed with action and a stalemate was the score at half-time. In the second half, Sporting made changes in order to boost their attack and Shikabala came on the 61st minute, in place of Iuri Medeiros. However, it was Ac. Viseu who got the goal, in the 70th minute via Cafú.
Shikabala wasn’t able to contribute much to the match, but his objective for more game time was achieved. Sporting B are now with five straight defeats away from home and lay 7th in the table.