Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
Official: Essam signs for Ismaily after ending Legia Warszawa spell
20-year-old Mohamed Essam has officially signed with the Dervishes for four and a half seasons after ending a six-month spell with Legia Warszawa.
The former Wadi Degla player terminated his contract with Legia by mutual consent in January, having only joined the Polish champions the previous summer.
Essam signed a pre-contract with second division Finnish side FC Jazz just under two weeks ago, before the player decided to instead make the switch back to the Egyptian Premier League.
The Egyptian only made seven substitute appearances for the club’s second team, Legia II, since joining the Polish club from Degla.
Although, Essam scored twice in a friendly tournament with Legia’s U-20s against Norwich City and Halmstad before signing a permanent deal with the club.
Essam, who can either play as a winger or supporting striker, has scored one goal for the Egypt U-20 side in the four matches he has featured.
Ismaily are currently second in Group B of the Egyptian Premier League, one point behind Petrojet.