Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Official: Essam signs for Ismaily after ending Legia Warszawa spell
20-year-old Mohamed Essam has officially signed with the Dervishes for four and a half seasons after ending a six-month spell with Legia Warszawa.
The former Wadi Degla player terminated his contract with Legia by mutual consent in January, having only joined the Polish champions the previous summer.
Essam signed a pre-contract with second division Finnish side FC Jazz just under two weeks ago, before the player decided to instead make the switch back to the Egyptian Premier League.
The Egyptian only made seven substitute appearances for the club’s second team, Legia II, since joining the Polish club from Degla.
Although, Essam scored twice in a friendly tournament with Legia’s U-20s against Norwich City and Halmstad before signing a permanent deal with the club.
Essam, who can either play as a winger or supporting striker, has scored one goal for the Egypt U-20 side in the four matches he has featured.
Ismaily are currently second in Group B of the Egyptian Premier League, one point behind Petrojet.