Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
Official: Essam signs for Ismaily after ending Legia Warszawa spell
20-year-old Mohamed Essam has officially signed with the Dervishes for four and a half seasons after ending a six-month spell with Legia Warszawa.
The former Wadi Degla player terminated his contract with Legia by mutual consent in January, having only joined the Polish champions the previous summer.
Essam signed a pre-contract with second division Finnish side FC Jazz just under two weeks ago, before the player decided to instead make the switch back to the Egyptian Premier League.
The Egyptian only made seven substitute appearances for the club’s second team, Legia II, since joining the Polish club from Degla.
Although, Essam scored twice in a friendly tournament with Legia’s U-20s against Norwich City and Halmstad before signing a permanent deal with the club.
Essam, who can either play as a winger or supporting striker, has scored one goal for the Egypt U-20 side in the four matches he has featured.
Ismaily are currently second in Group B of the Egyptian Premier League, one point behind Petrojet.