Ghana forward Andre Ayew has revealed that the Black Stars will use...
- Ghana to use Egypt game as rehearsal for quarterfinals, says Andre Ayew
- Elneny: I want to become an Arsenal legend
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
Egypt coach Gharib confirms interest in Ismael Blanco
Coach Shawky Gharib, who led the Egyptian national team to a 2-0 win on his debut against Bosnia last week, has stated his interest in getting 31-year-old CA Lanús striker Ismael Blanco to play for the Pharaohs.
“We’ve made calls with the boy (Blanco), and he wants to play for Egypt,” said Gharib in an interview with TV sports host Ahmed Shobeir.
Gharib also said that he’d been following Blanco for quite some time, and stated his admiration for the Argentine-born striker: “I’ve watched him, he plays in the Argentinian league and he played in Athens and the Bundesliga. He’s simply a goalscorer.”
“I asked Samir Adly if he (Blanco) could play if I call him up, he said that we’d need to get his paperwork. So he plays under the Egyptian nationality,” he added.
When asked whether or not more Pharaohs Abroad will feature in his squad in the coming stages, Shawky Gharib stated: “Anyone who would be beneficial for the Egyptian national team, will have a role in our road ahead.”
It’s worth mentioning that Blanco led Lanús to a Copa Sudamericana triumph back in December, being named MOTM.