Egypt’s national volleyball team won the 2016 Women’s U-23 African Nations Championship...
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
Egypt coach Gharib confirms interest in Ismael Blanco
Coach Shawky Gharib, who led the Egyptian national team to a 2-0 win on his debut against Bosnia last week, has stated his interest in getting 31-year-old CA Lanús striker Ismael Blanco to play for the Pharaohs.
“We’ve made calls with the boy (Blanco), and he wants to play for Egypt,” said Gharib in an interview with TV sports host Ahmed Shobeir.
Gharib also said that he’d been following Blanco for quite some time, and stated his admiration for the Argentine-born striker: “I’ve watched him, he plays in the Argentinian league and he played in Athens and the Bundesliga. He’s simply a goalscorer.”
“I asked Samir Adly if he (Blanco) could play if I call him up, he said that we’d need to get his paperwork. So he plays under the Egyptian nationality,” he added.
When asked whether or not more Pharaohs Abroad will feature in his squad in the coming stages, Shawky Gharib stated: “Anyone who would be beneficial for the Egyptian national team, will have a role in our road ahead.”
It’s worth mentioning that Blanco led Lanús to a Copa Sudamericana triumph back in December, being named MOTM.