Zamalek have recorded back-to-back Premier League wins after defeating Al Masry 1-0 in...
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
Egypt coach Gharib confirms interest in Ismael Blanco
Coach Shawky Gharib, who led the Egyptian national team to a 2-0 win on his debut against Bosnia last week, has stated his interest in getting 31-year-old CA Lanús striker Ismael Blanco to play for the Pharaohs.
“We’ve made calls with the boy (Blanco), and he wants to play for Egypt,” said Gharib in an interview with TV sports host Ahmed Shobeir.
Gharib also said that he’d been following Blanco for quite some time, and stated his admiration for the Argentine-born striker: “I’ve watched him, he plays in the Argentinian league and he played in Athens and the Bundesliga. He’s simply a goalscorer.”
“I asked Samir Adly if he (Blanco) could play if I call him up, he said that we’d need to get his paperwork. So he plays under the Egyptian nationality,” he added.
When asked whether or not more Pharaohs Abroad will feature in his squad in the coming stages, Shawky Gharib stated: “Anyone who would be beneficial for the Egyptian national team, will have a role in our road ahead.”
It’s worth mentioning that Blanco led Lanús to a Copa Sudamericana triumph back in December, being named MOTM.