Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Egypt coach Gharib confirms interest in Ismael Blanco
Coach Shawky Gharib, who led the Egyptian national team to a 2-0 win on his debut against Bosnia last week, has stated his interest in getting 31-year-old CA Lanús striker Ismael Blanco to play for the Pharaohs.
“We’ve made calls with the boy (Blanco), and he wants to play for Egypt,” said Gharib in an interview with TV sports host Ahmed Shobeir.
Gharib also said that he’d been following Blanco for quite some time, and stated his admiration for the Argentine-born striker: “I’ve watched him, he plays in the Argentinian league and he played in Athens and the Bundesliga. He’s simply a goalscorer.”
“I asked Samir Adly if he (Blanco) could play if I call him up, he said that we’d need to get his paperwork. So he plays under the Egyptian nationality,” he added.
When asked whether or not more Pharaohs Abroad will feature in his squad in the coming stages, Shawky Gharib stated: “Anyone who would be beneficial for the Egyptian national team, will have a role in our road ahead.”
It’s worth mentioning that Blanco led Lanús to a Copa Sudamericana triumph back in December, being named MOTM.