The Egypt U-20 National Team drew their second game at AFCON after...
- Egypt U-20 National Team draw second game in a row at AFCON
- Ghana: World Cup hopes destroyed with Grant
- CAF to honor former Al Ahly chairman Hassan Hamdy
- EXCLUSIVE: Sam Morsy called up to Egypt squad
- Egypt court sentences 4 Ultras Ahlawy members to 15 years in prison
- Elneny speaks about his first Arsenal start against Spurs
- Stoke chairman excuses Ramadan from criticism after Spurs defeat
- Mohamed Ashraf scores as El-Gaish down Al Masry
- Hamoudi included in Al Ahly squad against Dakhleya
- Elmohamady: It’s going to be difficult at Leicester
Egypt coach Gharib confirms interest in Ismael Blanco
Coach Shawky Gharib, who led the Egyptian national team to a 2-0 win on his debut against Bosnia last week, has stated his interest in getting 31-year-old CA Lanús striker Ismael Blanco to play for the Pharaohs.
“We’ve made calls with the boy (Blanco), and he wants to play for Egypt,” said Gharib in an interview with TV sports host Ahmed Shobeir.
Gharib also said that he’d been following Blanco for quite some time, and stated his admiration for the Argentine-born striker: “I’ve watched him, he plays in the Argentinian league and he played in Athens and the Bundesliga. He’s simply a goalscorer.”
“I asked Samir Adly if he (Blanco) could play if I call him up, he said that we’d need to get his paperwork. So he plays under the Egyptian nationality,” he added.
When asked whether or not more Pharaohs Abroad will feature in his squad in the coming stages, Shawky Gharib stated: “Anyone who would be beneficial for the Egyptian national team, will have a role in our road ahead.”
It’s worth mentioning that Blanco led Lanús to a Copa Sudamericana triumph back in December, being named MOTM.