Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
Red Devils avoid Clásico overlap as match with Al Ahly Benghazi brought forward
Al Ahly were informed by Libyan Ahly Benghazi officials that the match between the two teams in the round of 16 of the African Champions League will be held on the 21st of March instead of the 23rd.
African champions Al Ahly’s match in the CAF Champions League with Libyan giants Al Ahly (Benghazi) has been brought forward from the 23rd of March to the 21st due to schedule conflicts with the Tunisian Ligue 1, while being played earlier in the day to avoid missing El-Clásico.
“The match will be played in Tunisia on Stade Chedli Zouiten at 2 pm in order to avoid the time of the Spanish Clásico between Real Madrid and Barcelona on the same day,” Said Sayed Abdel-Hafiz, Al Ahly’s football director.
Tunisian security refused to allow the match to be played on the 23rd of March because Tunisian league matches are played on the same day.
Libyan clubs matches are played in Tunisia due to the insecurity and state of turmoil the country is facing after the Libyan revolution.
“We started collecting videos with Ahly Benghazi’s matches to study them and know their strengths and weakness before the match,” Added Abdel-Hafiz.
The Ahly director also said that the Cairo giants will be travelling to Tunisia on the 20th or 21st of March to get ready for the match, the exact date will be according to booking flight tickets.
Al Ahly had qualified to the CAF Champions League round of 16 with difficulty after beating Tanzanian side Young Africans on penalties while Al Ahly Benigazi qualified after overcoming Ghana’s Chelsea F.C.