Ahmed Elmohamady played the full 90 minutes as Hull City fell to...
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
3 Rejuvenated Zamalek Players Who Deserve to be Called-Up
The White Knights did not have a promising start to their 2013-14 campaign under Helmy Toulan. Though Zamalek started the season by winning the Egypt Cup, ending a five-year trophy drought, their level of football then dropped dramatically, as Zamalek lost two of their next four matches. It’s also worth noting that Zamalek’s only goal from open play during that period came from Ahmed Ali in their 2-0 win against Al Masry in the opening game of the season. Then Mido stepped in.
Since taking over at Zamalek, Mido has recorded some impressive results. Winning twice and drawing twice is a fairly impressive start for such a young manager, considering two of these games were away CAF Champions League games. There can be no doubt that Mido has completely changed the Zamalek way. Part of this can be attributed to his tactical changes, moving the team from a 4-5-1 formation to a more attacking 4-2-2-2. But the team as a whole, on defense and offense, have improved. That doesn’t happen simply by changing the tactics and formation; it is clear that certain players have responded particularly well to Mido’s guidance and stepped up their game since he took over as manager.
Note: Just to clarify, we are looking at players who either have yet to make their NT debut, or have made their debuts but haven’t been NT regulars.
(Use the page numbers below to browse through the slideshow.)