Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
3 Rejuvenated Zamalek Players Who Deserve to be Called-Up
KingFut.com’s Omar Zoheir takes a look at the Zamalek players who have really shone under Mido, and discusses how they could fit into the Egyptian national team.
The White Knights did not have a promising start to their 2013-14 campaign under Helmy Toulan. Though Zamalek started the season by winning the Egypt Cup, ending a five-year trophy drought, their level of football then dropped dramatically, as Zamalek lost two of their next four matches. It’s also worth noting that Zamalek’s only goal from open play during that period came from Ahmed Ali in their 2-0 win against Al Masry in the opening game of the season. Then Mido stepped in.
Since taking over at Zamalek, Mido has recorded some impressive results. Winning twice and drawing twice is a fairly impressive start for such a young manager, considering two of these games were away CAF Champions League games. There can be no doubt that Mido has completely changed the Zamalek way. Part of this can be attributed to his tactical changes, moving the team from a 4-5-1 formation to a more attacking 4-2-2-2. But the team as a whole, on defense and offense, have improved. That doesn’t happen simply by changing the tactics and formation; it is clear that certain players have responded particularly well to Mido’s guidance and stepped up their game since he took over as manager.
Note: Just to clarify, we are looking at players who either have yet to make their NT debut, or have made their debuts but haven’t been NT regulars.
(Use the page numbers below to browse through the slideshow.)