AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
3 Rejuvenated Zamalek Players Who Deserve to be Called-Up
The White Knights did not have a promising start to their 2013-14 campaign under Helmy Toulan. Though Zamalek started the season by winning the Egypt Cup, ending a five-year trophy drought, their level of football then dropped dramatically, as Zamalek lost two of their next four matches. It’s also worth noting that Zamalek’s only goal from open play during that period came from Ahmed Ali in their 2-0 win against Al Masry in the opening game of the season. Then Mido stepped in.
Since taking over at Zamalek, Mido has recorded some impressive results. Winning twice and drawing twice is a fairly impressive start for such a young manager, considering two of these games were away CAF Champions League games. There can be no doubt that Mido has completely changed the Zamalek way. Part of this can be attributed to his tactical changes, moving the team from a 4-5-1 formation to a more attacking 4-2-2-2. But the team as a whole, on defense and offense, have improved. That doesn’t happen simply by changing the tactics and formation; it is clear that certain players have responded particularly well to Mido’s guidance and stepped up their game since he took over as manager.
Note: Just to clarify, we are looking at players who either have yet to make their NT debut, or have made their debuts but haven’t been NT regulars.
(Use the page numbers below to browse through the slideshow.)