Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Essam Abdel-Fattah: Egyptian officials for Cairo derby
Essam Abdel-Fattah has revealed that the coming Al Ahly and Zamalek games will be officiated by Egyptian referees rather than foreign ones.
Essam Abdel-Fattah, Egyptian FA’s member and the president of the referees committee, revealed to Al-Ahram sports section today that if Al Ahly and Zamalek qualify to the last stage of the Egyptian Premier league, their game will be officiated by Egyptian referees instead of foreign ones, who have been officiating the Cairo derby since 1955.
Abdel-Fattah justified his decision by stressing on the massive improvement in the performance of the Egyptian referees in the current campaign of the league.
He added: “All we need is the support of the two Cairo giants [for the decision], and the media’s support too.”
Further on, Abdel-Fattah revealed his disappointment in the excessive red cards the managers receive during the games, however, he said that 5 red cards in 108 games is a very little ratio, and that the committee is looking to upgrade the suspension system.
Moreover, he said that a new sub-committee has been appointed to discuss both the positives and the negatives of every game with the referees right after the game.
Finally, Abdel-Fattah revealed that the refereeing committee delegates have been given a pay rise and that they’re closely monitored in order to make sure the referees performances are becoming better in order to help the development of Egyptian football.