Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
Egyptian midfielder El-Hussieny scores brace in Estonia
Egyptian midfielder Omar El-Hussieny scored a brace as eight-time Estonian champions FC Levadia Tallinn thrashed Kalev 8-0 on Saturday.
FC Levadia Tallinn humiliated Tallinna Kalev 8-0 on Saturday, with 28-year-old Egyptian Omar El-Hussieny and the club’s number 9 Artur Rättel each scoring a brace.
Levadia, who will be taking part in UEFA Champions League qualifying this summer, were already 3-0 up through Teever and Rättel’s double before El-Hussieny scored his first goal for the club from the penalty spot on the stroke of half-time; making it four at the break.
The ex-Qanah attacking midfielder then scored the 7th goal of the match in the 89th minute following second-half goals from Vladislav Ivanov and Pavel Marin before Lithuanian forward Buinickij rubbed salt in the wounds during injury time to seal the 8-0 win.
El-Hussieny joined Levadia on a one-year deal – with the option for an additional year – last month, becoming the first Egyptian or Arab player to ever play in the Estonian league.
This was only the defending Estonian champions’ first win of the season after losing and drawing in their opening two games.