Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Egyptian midfielder El-Hussieny scores brace in Estonia
Egyptian midfielder Omar El-Hussieny scored a brace as eight-time Estonian champions FC Levadia Tallinn thrashed Kalev 8-0 on Saturday.
FC Levadia Tallinn humiliated Tallinna Kalev 8-0 on Saturday, with 28-year-old Egyptian Omar El-Hussieny and the club’s number 9 Artur Rättel each scoring a brace.
Levadia, who will be taking part in UEFA Champions League qualifying this summer, were already 3-0 up through Teever and Rättel’s double before El-Hussieny scored his first goal for the club from the penalty spot on the stroke of half-time; making it four at the break.
The ex-Qanah attacking midfielder then scored the 7th goal of the match in the 89th minute following second-half goals from Vladislav Ivanov and Pavel Marin before Lithuanian forward Buinickij rubbed salt in the wounds during injury time to seal the 8-0 win.
El-Hussieny joined Levadia on a one-year deal – with the option for an additional year – last month, becoming the first Egyptian or Arab player to ever play in the Estonian league.
This was only the defending Estonian champions’ first win of the season after losing and drawing in their opening two games.