ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Egyptian midfielder El-Hussieny scores brace in Estonia
Egyptian midfielder Omar El-Hussieny scored a brace as eight-time Estonian champions FC Levadia Tallinn thrashed Kalev 8-0 on Saturday.
FC Levadia Tallinn humiliated Tallinna Kalev 8-0 on Saturday, with 28-year-old Egyptian Omar El-Hussieny and the club’s number 9 Artur Rättel each scoring a brace.
Levadia, who will be taking part in UEFA Champions League qualifying this summer, were already 3-0 up through Teever and Rättel’s double before El-Hussieny scored his first goal for the club from the penalty spot on the stroke of half-time; making it four at the break.
The ex-Qanah attacking midfielder then scored the 7th goal of the match in the 89th minute following second-half goals from Vladislav Ivanov and Pavel Marin before Lithuanian forward Buinickij rubbed salt in the wounds during injury time to seal the 8-0 win.
El-Hussieny joined Levadia on a one-year deal – with the option for an additional year – last month, becoming the first Egyptian or Arab player to ever play in the Estonian league.
This was only the defending Estonian champions’ first win of the season after losing and drawing in their opening two games.