The $1.5 million prize money awarded to Mamelodi Sundowns for winning the...
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
Shikabala solid in Sporting B stalemate
Despite failing his target of making his Sporting Lisbon main team debut against FC Porto, Shikabala took part in his third B team match, at home against União da Madeira.
Starting the match, Shikabala found himself in a tight affair, but was an active piece in the Sporting gameplay. They continued mounting the pressure, forcing goalkeeper Trigueira to remain alert. At the 36th minute, Shikabala also had a shot on goal, well held by the União keeper.
The second half had a lot less action, with Shikabala being the protagonist of one of the highlights. He was yellow carded after diving inside the box. Five minutes later, at the 68th, he made way for Seejou King. The remainder of the match saw União threatening more, but the match ended in a 0-0 draw.
Sporting B drop to 8th place in the Liga2 Cabovisão table, and União da Madeira are now 13th. In case Shikabala doesn’t make the main team squad for next week’s game against Marítimo, Sporting B will face off against Chaves next Sunday, a match which will be televised.