ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Shikabala solid in Sporting B stalemate
Despite failing his target of making his Sporting Lisbon main team debut against FC Porto, Shikabala took part in his third B team match, at home against União da Madeira.
Starting the match, Shikabala found himself in a tight affair, but was an active piece in the Sporting gameplay. They continued mounting the pressure, forcing goalkeeper Trigueira to remain alert. At the 36th minute, Shikabala also had a shot on goal, well held by the União keeper.
The second half had a lot less action, with Shikabala being the protagonist of one of the highlights. He was yellow carded after diving inside the box. Five minutes later, at the 68th, he made way for Seejou King. The remainder of the match saw União threatening more, but the match ended in a 0-0 draw.
Sporting B drop to 8th place in the Liga2 Cabovisão table, and União da Madeira are now 13th. In case Shikabala doesn’t make the main team squad for next week’s game against Marítimo, Sporting B will face off against Chaves next Sunday, a match which will be televised.