Senegalese referee Malang Diédhiou has been appointed for the Group D second...
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
Shikabala solid in Sporting B stalemate
Despite failing his target of making his Sporting Lisbon main team debut against FC Porto, Shikabala took part in his third B team match, at home against União da Madeira.
Starting the match, Shikabala found himself in a tight affair, but was an active piece in the Sporting gameplay. They continued mounting the pressure, forcing goalkeeper Trigueira to remain alert. At the 36th minute, Shikabala also had a shot on goal, well held by the União keeper.
The second half had a lot less action, with Shikabala being the protagonist of one of the highlights. He was yellow carded after diving inside the box. Five minutes later, at the 68th, he made way for Seejou King. The remainder of the match saw União threatening more, but the match ended in a 0-0 draw.
Sporting B drop to 8th place in the Liga2 Cabovisão table, and União da Madeira are now 13th. In case Shikabala doesn’t make the main team squad for next week’s game against Marítimo, Sporting B will face off against Chaves next Sunday, a match which will be televised.