Ghana coach Avram Grant has demanded the allowance of replacing injured players in...
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
Dakhleya 1-0 Al Ahly: Kone’s goal hands Red Devils their fourth loss of the season
Al Ahly were handed their fourth defeat of the season at the hands of Dakhleya.
Al Ahly suffered defeat against Dakhleya for the second time this season courtesy of Ahmed Fawzy’s heroics and Lama Kone’s wonder goal.
The Red Devils were denied twenty minutes in when El-Sayed Hamdy’s finish was saved by Ahmed Fawzy before he acrobatically tipped Amr Gamal’s overhead kick over the bar.
Soon after, Dakhelya themselves had a go when Lama Kone tried his luck with a free-kick, but it was saved by Sherif Ekramy.
The Ministry of Interior side then put themselves in front when Ahmed Farag laid it off to Kone who finished really well past Ekramy.
Ahmed Fawzy was once again the hero, this time he denied El-Sayed Hamdy’s strike.
Towards the end of the second-half, Moussa Yedan unleashed a stinging shot which was punched away by Fawzy.
Dakhleya managed to defend well and contain the African Champions, holding on until the end of the game.