Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
EXCLUSIVE: Sherif Ashraf departs Switzerland to rejoin Gouna
KingFut.com has exclusively learnt that Egypt international Sherif Ashraf, who joined FC Biel-Bienne last summer, has terminated his contract with the Swiss Challenge League side and rejoined El-Gouna on a free transfer until the end of the season.
The 27-year-old striker played nine games for FC Biel-Bienne in Switzerland, scoring three goals in three consecutive games.
Ashraf did not report back to training on time with Biel-Bienne from his winter break following misunderstandings over the player’s planned return.
The former Zamalek and Haras El-Hodood striker previously spent two seasons with El-Gouna, scoring nine goals in 26 appearances before embarking on a brief European journey – starting with Finnish champions Helsinki in 2012.
In Finland, Sherif Ashraf scored three crucial goals in as many games in the season’s finale after leaving Helsinki to join FF Jaro on loan to help the league strugglers secure survival.
Ashraf, who earned three Egypt caps under Bob Bradley, should provide a boost to El-Gouna’s struggling front-line; as Rainer Zobel’s men have only managed to score three goals so far this season.
Gouna are currently 10th place in Group A with seven points from eleven matches.
– Thanks to Islam Issa