Zamalek manager Momen Soliman revealed that back-up keeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rehim “Gennesh” will...
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
EXCLUSIVE: Sherif Ashraf departs Switzerland to rejoin Gouna
KingFut.com has exclusively learnt that Egypt international Sherif Ashraf, who joined FC Biel-Bienne last summer, has terminated his contract with the Swiss Challenge League side and rejoined El-Gouna on a free transfer until the end of the season.
The 27-year-old striker played nine games for FC Biel-Bienne in Switzerland, scoring three goals in three consecutive games.
Ashraf did not report back to training on time with Biel-Bienne from his winter break following misunderstandings over the player’s planned return.
The former Zamalek and Haras El-Hodood striker previously spent two seasons with El-Gouna, scoring nine goals in 26 appearances before embarking on a brief European journey – starting with Finnish champions Helsinki in 2012.
In Finland, Sherif Ashraf scored three crucial goals in as many games in the season’s finale after leaving Helsinki to join FF Jaro on loan to help the league strugglers secure survival.
Ashraf, who earned three Egypt caps under Bob Bradley, should provide a boost to El-Gouna’s struggling front-line; as Rainer Zobel’s men have only managed to score three goals so far this season.
Gouna are currently 10th place in Group A with seven points from eleven matches.
– Thanks to Islam Issa