Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Mohamed Youssef: I cannot promise winning league title or reaching semi-finals
Al Ahly coach Mohamed Youssef discussed in the press conference held after the match with El-Dakhleya reasons for the team’s failure to win; and said he can’t promise the league title or even advancing to the next round.
During the press conference, Youssef explained that Al Ahly played a good match and a lot of opportunities were missed, in addition to the amazing performance by El-Dakhleya’s goalkeeper Ahmed Fawzy, who was able to save definite goals in the first half.
“Luck wasn’t on our side during the match and I can’t blame my players especially because they did all the effort they could do in the match,” Youssef said after his team’s loss to El-Dakhleya.
Mohamed Youssef also said that the team were playing under a lot of pressure after Gedo’s injury hours before the match and he was taken out of the formation along with those who are injured.
“There are certain problems that the team is suffering from and everyone knows about so there is no need to talk about that now; however, we will do our best and fight to reach the positions that will lead us to the semi-finals,” he added.
When asked about the worries Ahly fans have right now, since the Red Devils will be facing Ahli Benghazi on the 21st of March, Youssef said that there will be a meeting with the players once the team arrives to Tunisia to discuss everything with the players and concentrate on getting to the next round in the African Champions League.