Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
Mohamed Youssef: I cannot promise winning league title or reaching semi-finals
Al Ahly coach Mohamed Youssef discussed in the press conference held after the match with El-Dakhleya reasons for the team’s failure to win; and said he can’t promise the league title or even advancing to the next round.
During the press conference, Youssef explained that Al Ahly played a good match and a lot of opportunities were missed, in addition to the amazing performance by El-Dakhleya’s goalkeeper Ahmed Fawzy, who was able to save definite goals in the first half.
“Luck wasn’t on our side during the match and I can’t blame my players especially because they did all the effort they could do in the match,” Youssef said after his team’s loss to El-Dakhleya.
Mohamed Youssef also said that the team were playing under a lot of pressure after Gedo’s injury hours before the match and he was taken out of the formation along with those who are injured.
“There are certain problems that the team is suffering from and everyone knows about so there is no need to talk about that now; however, we will do our best and fight to reach the positions that will lead us to the semi-finals,” he added.
When asked about the worries Ahly fans have right now, since the Red Devils will be facing Ahli Benghazi on the 21st of March, Youssef said that there will be a meeting with the players once the team arrives to Tunisia to discuss everything with the players and concentrate on getting to the next round in the African Champions League.