The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Trio seeks Egypt friendly
China, Colombia, and Ecuador have all requested to play Egypt in international friendlies, according to the Egyptian Football Association (EFA).
EFA spokesman Azmy Megahed said the offers were being deliberated with Egypt manager Shawky Gharib.
Specific dates were not given, but the Chinese offer was said to be slated for sometime in June.
Egypt’s friendly with Russia – originally said to take place June 1 – was also referred to as a “proposal” by Megahed, casting doubt on earlier reports of the match having officially been set.
The Pharaohs brushed aside World Cup debutants Bosnia-Herzegovina in a friendly a fortnight ago, Gharib’s first match in charge.
Egypt’s next friendly is scheduled for May 25 in London against Portugal, though that too has been called into question following confirmation of a May 28 match-up with Chile in Santiago.