Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Trio seeks Egypt friendly
China, Colombia, and Ecuador have all requested to play Egypt in international friendlies, according to the Egyptian Football Association (EFA).
EFA spokesman Azmy Megahed said the offers were being deliberated with Egypt manager Shawky Gharib.
Specific dates were not given, but the Chinese offer was said to be slated for sometime in June.
Egypt’s friendly with Russia – originally said to take place June 1 – was also referred to as a “proposal” by Megahed, casting doubt on earlier reports of the match having officially been set.
The Pharaohs brushed aside World Cup debutants Bosnia-Herzegovina in a friendly a fortnight ago, Gharib’s first match in charge.
Egypt’s next friendly is scheduled for May 25 in London against Portugal, though that too has been called into question following confirmation of a May 28 match-up with Chile in Santiago.