Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Trio seeks Egypt friendly
China, Colombia, and Ecuador have all requested to play Egypt in international friendlies, according to the Egyptian Football Association (EFA).
EFA spokesman Azmy Megahed said the offers were being deliberated with Egypt manager Shawky Gharib.
Specific dates were not given, but the Chinese offer was said to be slated for sometime in June.
Egypt’s friendly with Russia – originally said to take place June 1 – was also referred to as a “proposal” by Megahed, casting doubt on earlier reports of the match having officially been set.
The Pharaohs brushed aside World Cup debutants Bosnia-Herzegovina in a friendly a fortnight ago, Gharib’s first match in charge.
Egypt’s next friendly is scheduled for May 25 in London against Portugal, though that too has been called into question following confirmation of a May 28 match-up with Chile in Santiago.