KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Trio seeks Egypt friendly
China, Colombia, and Ecuador have all requested to play Egypt in international friendlies, according to the Egyptian Football Association (EFA).
EFA spokesman Azmy Megahed said the offers were being deliberated with Egypt manager Shawky Gharib.
Specific dates were not given, but the Chinese offer was said to be slated for sometime in June.
Egypt’s friendly with Russia – originally said to take place June 1 – was also referred to as a “proposal” by Megahed, casting doubt on earlier reports of the match having officially been set.
The Pharaohs brushed aside World Cup debutants Bosnia-Herzegovina in a friendly a fortnight ago, Gharib’s first match in charge.
Egypt’s next friendly is scheduled for May 25 in London against Portugal, though that too has been called into question following confirmation of a May 28 match-up with Chile in Santiago.