The Egyptian national military team has managed to beat Canada 4-0 in...
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
Ahli Benghazi 1-0 Al Ahly: Red Devils defeated in the first leg of Round of 16 tie
The first real threat of the game came when Ahli Benghazi goalkeeper Wisam El Boudi’s clearance hit Amr Gamal and went wide of the post.
Minutes later, Ahli Benghazi upped their game, this time Edward Sadomba’s shot was blocked by Wael Gomaa in the nick of time.
The Red Devils replied with a chance of their own when Abdullah El-Said went one-on-one with Wisam El Boudy, but the former Ismaily man failed to wrap his foot around it.
Another Egyptian international caused havoc, this time former Zamalek man Ahmed Eid tried to aim at the far post, but the ball hit Mohamed Naguib and went out for a corner.
Abduallah El-Said had another chance to put the African Champions ahead, but his shot went over the bar.
The Butchers had a great chance to put themselves ahead but Sadomba’s finish was easily handled by Sherif Ekramy.
Ahli Benghazi started the second half with more grit and even hit the woowork when Solomon Jabason cross hit the far post.
Twenty two minutes into the second half and Edward Sadomba put Ahli Benghazi ahead after a fatal mistake from the Al Ahly defence.
Tarek El-Ashry’s men managed to hold onto the lead, handing Al Ahly a first leg defeat.