Al Nasr have sealed promotion to the Egyptian Premier League after securing...
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
Ahli Benghazi 1-0 Al Ahly: Red Devils defeated in the first leg of Round of 16 tie
The first real threat of the game came when Ahli Benghazi goalkeeper Wisam El Boudi’s clearance hit Amr Gamal and went wide of the post.
Minutes later, Ahli Benghazi upped their game, this time Edward Sadomba’s shot was blocked by Wael Gomaa in the nick of time.
The Red Devils replied with a chance of their own when Abdullah El-Said went one-on-one with Wisam El Boudy, but the former Ismaily man failed to wrap his foot around it.
Another Egyptian international caused havoc, this time former Zamalek man Ahmed Eid tried to aim at the far post, but the ball hit Mohamed Naguib and went out for a corner.
Abduallah El-Said had another chance to put the African Champions ahead, but his shot went over the bar.
The Butchers had a great chance to put themselves ahead but Sadomba’s finish was easily handled by Sherif Ekramy.
Ahli Benghazi started the second half with more grit and even hit the woowork when Solomon Jabason cross hit the far post.
Twenty two minutes into the second half and Edward Sadomba put Ahli Benghazi ahead after a fatal mistake from the Al Ahly defence.
Tarek El-Ashry’s men managed to hold onto the lead, handing Al Ahly a first leg defeat.