Egypt court added former Al Ahly and national team legend Mohamed Abou-Treika to...
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
VIDEO: Wadi Degla take 2-0 advantage over Djoliba in first leg of CAF Confederation Cup tie
Wadi Degla, who are playing in their first-ever continental competition in the club’s history, defeated Mali’s Djoliba in the round of 16 in the CAF Confederation Cup on Saturday night thanks to a goal from Mostafa Talaat and an own goal.
Degla qualified to participate in this competition after reaching the 2013 Egyptian Cup final against Zamalek and finishing runners up.
Due to Egyptian clubs’ recent performances in CAF Competitions, Hesham Zakaria’s men did not play the first preliminary round and were automatically qualified to the round of 32, where they defeated AS Douanes of Togo.
After a goalless first half, Mostafa Talaat put his side on top in the 57th minute.
Degla had to wait deep into stoppage time in the 91st for their second goal after Djoliba’s defender put the ball through his own net.
Both teams will face each other next weekend, this time in Mali where Hesham Zakaria will be looking to see his side reach the quarter-finals.
Images via Wadi Degla’s official Facebook page.