Entag El-Harby put an end to Al Ahly’s seven-match winning streak after...
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
VIDEO: Wadi Degla take 2-0 advantage over Djoliba in first leg of CAF Confederation Cup tie
Wadi Degla took a 2-0 advantage in Egypt over Malian outfit Djoliba AC in the first leg of their round of 16 tie in the CAF Confederation Cup on Saturday.
Wadi Degla, who are playing in their first-ever continental competition in the club’s history, defeated Mali’s Djoliba in the round of 16 in the CAF Confederation Cup on Saturday night thanks to a goal from Mostafa Talaat and an own goal.
Degla qualified to participate in this competition after reaching the 2013 Egyptian Cup final against Zamalek and finishing runners up.
Due to Egyptian clubs’ recent performances in CAF Competitions, Hesham Zakaria’s men did not play the first preliminary round and were automatically qualified to the round of 32, where they defeated AS Douanes of Togo.
After a goalless first half, Mostafa Talaat put his side on top in the 57th minute.
Degla had to wait deep into stoppage time in the 91st for their second goal after Djoliba’s defender put the ball through his own net.
Both teams will face each other next weekend, this time in Mali where Hesham Zakaria will be looking to see his side reach the quarter-finals.
Images via Wadi Degla’s official Facebook page.