Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary has issued an apology to everyone at...
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla now or at the end of this season
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
VIDEO: Wadi Degla take 2-0 advantage over Djoliba in first leg of CAF Confederation Cup tie
Wadi Degla, who are playing in their first-ever continental competition in the club’s history, defeated Mali’s Djoliba in the round of 16 in the CAF Confederation Cup on Saturday night thanks to a goal from Mostafa Talaat and an own goal.
Degla qualified to participate in this competition after reaching the 2013 Egyptian Cup final against Zamalek and finishing runners up.
Due to Egyptian clubs’ recent performances in CAF Competitions, Hesham Zakaria’s men did not play the first preliminary round and were automatically qualified to the round of 32, where they defeated AS Douanes of Togo.
After a goalless first half, Mostafa Talaat put his side on top in the 57th minute.
Degla had to wait deep into stoppage time in the 91st for their second goal after Djoliba’s defender put the ball through his own net.
Both teams will face each other next weekend, this time in Mali where Hesham Zakaria will be looking to see his side reach the quarter-finals.
Images via Wadi Degla’s official Facebook page.