Ghana ace David Accam has expressed his readiness to cause a surprise...
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
VIDEO: Gomaa assists in Nacional draw
Round 24 of the Liga Zon Sagres saw Saleh Gomaa provide an assist in a 1-1 draw against Olhanense, a match which also saw Aly Ghazal play the full 90 minutes.
The match saw the home side take control of the match in the first half, despite the tactical changes that the Olhanense coach was forced to take, due to a large number of injured players. Despite that, all of the chances were controled by the Nacional defense or saved by goalkeeper Gottardi.
Ghazal got a yellow card in the 36th minute and after that, coach Manuel Machado got fed up of being controlled by a team on the verge of relegation. He brought on Mário Rondón for Claudemir, in order to boost the attack. It worked perfectly, as just three minutes later, Gomaa crossed the ball into the box and the Venezuelan was there to head the ball into the back of the net and give Nacional the lead.
The Madeirans were still celebrating when a penalty was awarded to Olhanense. Zainadine tripped Dionisi inside the box and it was the Italian who stepped up and beat Gottardi just two minutes after the first goal.
The second half saw Nacional attacking a lot more, but several chances were saved by goalkeeper Vid Belec. Gomaa and Ghazal also tried to beat the Slovenian keeper, but neither were successful.
The score remained 1-1 until the end. Nacional remain in 5th place, still inside the Europa League qualification spots, whilst Olhanense remain in the relegation area.