Mali coach Alain Giresse officially confirmed that Soumbeyla Diakite and attacker Adama Traoré...
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
VIDEO: Gomaa assists in Nacional draw
Round 24 of the Liga Zon Sagres saw Saleh Gomaa provide an assist in a 1-1 draw against Olhanense, a match which also saw Aly Ghazal play the full 90 minutes.
The match saw the home side take control of the match in the first half, despite the tactical changes that the Olhanense coach was forced to take, due to a large number of injured players. Despite that, all of the chances were controled by the Nacional defense or saved by goalkeeper Gottardi.
Ghazal got a yellow card in the 36th minute and after that, coach Manuel Machado got fed up of being controlled by a team on the verge of relegation. He brought on Mário Rondón for Claudemir, in order to boost the attack. It worked perfectly, as just three minutes later, Gomaa crossed the ball into the box and the Venezuelan was there to head the ball into the back of the net and give Nacional the lead.
The Madeirans were still celebrating when a penalty was awarded to Olhanense. Zainadine tripped Dionisi inside the box and it was the Italian who stepped up and beat Gottardi just two minutes after the first goal.
The second half saw Nacional attacking a lot more, but several chances were saved by goalkeeper Vid Belec. Gomaa and Ghazal also tried to beat the Slovenian keeper, but neither were successful.
The score remained 1-1 until the end. Nacional remain in 5th place, still inside the Europa League qualification spots, whilst Olhanense remain in the relegation area.