Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Ismaily held in dull stalemate with Flavio, Gilberto’s Petro de Luanda
Former Al Ahly duo Flavio and Gilberto – who were greeted by Ahly fans upon their arrival in Cairo – managed to guide their team Petro de Luanda to a goalless draw against Ismaily in the first leg of the CAF Confederation Cup round of 16 tie.
Heron Ricardos men didn’t manage to threaten the Angolan goal throughout the whole of first half and most of the second as their first real chance came in the 80th minute from a free-kick which the keeper tipped over the bar.
The best chance for Petro de Luanda came through Flavio in the dying minutes of the game when his strong header was also tipped around the post.
Ricardo will be taking positives from his teams defensive displays and not conceding a goal at home however going forward they looked really sluggish and slow on the counter.
Both sides will battle it out again in a winner-takes-all finale next weekend in Luanda were Ismaily will be hoping to compensate on this poor performance.
Ismaily will have to be at their best next week in Luanda to snatch a win or even a goalscoring draw which will also see Ricardo’s men through to the next round.