Braga suffered a 3-2 defeat in a thrilling game against third-placed Sporting...
- Dost nets hat-trick in Sporting’s 3-2 win over Braga
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
Ismaily held in dull stalemate with Flavio, Gilberto’s Petro de Luanda
Former Al Ahly duo Flavio and Gilberto – who were greeted by Ahly fans upon their arrival in Cairo – managed to guide their team Petro de Luanda to a goalless draw against Ismaily in the first leg of the CAF Confederation Cup round of 16 tie.
Heron Ricardos men didn’t manage to threaten the Angolan goal throughout the whole of first half and most of the second as their first real chance came in the 80th minute from a free-kick which the keeper tipped over the bar.
The best chance for Petro de Luanda came through Flavio in the dying minutes of the game when his strong header was also tipped around the post.
Ricardo will be taking positives from his teams defensive displays and not conceding a goal at home however going forward they looked really sluggish and slow on the counter.
Both sides will battle it out again in a winner-takes-all finale next weekend in Luanda were Ismaily will be hoping to compensate on this poor performance.
Ismaily will have to be at their best next week in Luanda to snatch a win or even a goalscoring draw which will also see Ricardo’s men through to the next round.