Algerian side MO Bejaia are eyeing their first continental competition when they...
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
Ismaily held in dull stalemate with Flavio, Gilberto’s Petro de Luanda
Former Al Ahly duo Flavio and Gilberto – who were greeted by Ahly fans upon their arrival in Cairo – managed to guide their team Petro de Luanda to a goalless draw against Ismaily in the first leg of the CAF Confederation Cup round of 16 tie.
Heron Ricardos men didn’t manage to threaten the Angolan goal throughout the whole of first half and most of the second as their first real chance came in the 80th minute from a free-kick which the keeper tipped over the bar.
The best chance for Petro de Luanda came through Flavio in the dying minutes of the game when his strong header was also tipped around the post.
Ricardo will be taking positives from his teams defensive displays and not conceding a goal at home however going forward they looked really sluggish and slow on the counter.
Both sides will battle it out again in a winner-takes-all finale next weekend in Luanda were Ismaily will be hoping to compensate on this poor performance.
Ismaily will have to be at their best next week in Luanda to snatch a win or even a goalscoring draw which will also see Ricardo’s men through to the next round.