Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Zamalek’s Mido and Mohamed Ibrahim banned after Al Masry loss
The sports committee has decided to ban and fine Zamalek boss Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ and playmaker Mohamed Ibrahim following their actions during last week’s match against Al Masry in the league.
Mido was banned following Zamalek’s loss to Al Masry after leaving the coaching area and going to Ashour El-Adham censuring him for play-acting and for wasting time.
In addition, after the match Mido approached referee Gehad Greisha blaming him for Zamalek’s loss.
Mohamed Ibrahim was also banned for four games after getting dismissed with a second yellow card. The 22-year-old playmaker kept shouting on his way out protesting against the decision.
In addition to the ban, both Mido and Mohamed Ibrahim were each fined 20 thousand Egyptian pounds while general manager Abdel-Rahim Ali was fined five thousand Egyptian pounds along with managing director Hamada Anwar who was also fined the same amount.