Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Hughes talks Ramadan Sobhi, defeat against Arsenal
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for GloCAF Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
Zamalek’s Mido and Mohamed Ibrahim banned after Al Masry loss
The sports committee has decided to ban and fine Zamalek boss Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ and playmaker Mohamed Ibrahim following their actions during last week’s match against Al Masry in the league.
Mido was banned following Zamalek’s loss to Al Masry after leaving the coaching area and going to Ashour El-Adham censuring him for play-acting and for wasting time.
In addition, after the match Mido approached referee Gehad Greisha blaming him for Zamalek’s loss.
Mohamed Ibrahim was also banned for four games after getting dismissed with a second yellow card. The 22-year-old playmaker kept shouting on his way out protesting against the decision.
In addition to the ban, both Mido and Mohamed Ibrahim were each fined 20 thousand Egyptian pounds while general manager Abdel-Rahim Ali was fined five thousand Egyptian pounds along with managing director Hamada Anwar who was also fined the same amount.