After losing the Champions League final to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s chairman, Mortada...
- Mortada Mansour: the refree recieved a bribe
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
Zamalek’s Mido and Mohamed Ibrahim banned after Al Masry loss
The sports committee has decided to ban and fine Zamalek boss Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ and playmaker Mohamed Ibrahim following their actions during last week’s match against Al Masry in the league.
Mido was banned following Zamalek’s loss to Al Masry after leaving the coaching area and going to Ashour El-Adham censuring him for play-acting and for wasting time.
In addition, after the match Mido approached referee Gehad Greisha blaming him for Zamalek’s loss.
Mohamed Ibrahim was also banned for four games after getting dismissed with a second yellow card. The 22-year-old playmaker kept shouting on his way out protesting against the decision.
In addition to the ban, both Mido and Mohamed Ibrahim were each fined 20 thousand Egyptian pounds while general manager Abdel-Rahim Ali was fined five thousand Egyptian pounds along with managing director Hamada Anwar who was also fined the same amount.