Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Zamalek’s Mido and Mohamed Ibrahim banned after Al Masry loss
The sports committee has decided to ban and fine Zamalek boss Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ and playmaker Mohamed Ibrahim following their actions during last week’s match against Al Masry in the league.
Mido was banned following Zamalek’s loss to Al Masry after leaving the coaching area and going to Ashour El-Adham censuring him for play-acting and for wasting time.
In addition, after the match Mido approached referee Gehad Greisha blaming him for Zamalek’s loss.
Mohamed Ibrahim was also banned for four games after getting dismissed with a second yellow card. The 22-year-old playmaker kept shouting on his way out protesting against the decision.
In addition to the ban, both Mido and Mohamed Ibrahim were each fined 20 thousand Egyptian pounds while general manager Abdel-Rahim Ali was fined five thousand Egyptian pounds along with managing director Hamada Anwar who was also fined the same amount.