An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Azpilicueta: Chelsea players delighted for Salah
21-year-old Mohamed Salah, who became the most expensive Egyptian player in history following his move to Chelsea from FC Basel, was quickly mobbed by his team-mates after netting his first goal for the club against Arsenal on Saturday.
Speaking to Chelsea’s official website, Spanish full-back Cesar Azpilicueta revealed the players’ delight for the Egyptian.
“We are very happy all of us about him [Salah] because he came in the middle of the season and it is always difficult to adapt,” Azpilicueta told Chelsea’s official website.
“He is adapting really well and now we are going to see his best,” he added.
“We need to enjoy this victory because you don’t win every time 6-0 against Arsenal. We had a really good game but we are just focusing game by game now.
“We enjoy this but after, the only thing we are going to have in our mind is the game against Crystal Palace and we have to be tough and try to get the three points.”
Meanwhile, Chelsea’s David Luiz took to Instagram to express his delight for ‘amazing-hearted’ Salah.