AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Mourinho: Salah needs protection, goal against Arsenal important
Mohamed Salah came on for Chelsea against Arsenal on Saturday and helped his team demolish the Gunners at Stamford Bridge, scoring his side’s sixth goal in a 6-0 win.
After saying that Mourinho told him that he will score against Arsenal before coming on, the Blues boss said his opinion once more regarding Salah and how he needs the help of all of Chelsea’s staff.
“Salah’s (goal) was very important for his confidence,” Mourinho was quoted as saying by Get West London.
“He’s a kid, like a baby really. He needs so much protection and support from all of us, the players are being fantastic with him so step by step we’re getting there,” Mourinho concluded.
This is not the first time Salah is praised as Branislav Ivanović compared the Egyptian to Bayern Munich and former Chelsea winger Arjen Robben, while Cesar Azpilicueta and Brazil International defender David Luiz both voiced their happiness for Salah after his performance against Arsenal.