Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Mourinho: Salah needs protection, goal against Arsenal important
Mohamed Salah came on for Chelsea against Arsenal on Saturday and helped his team demolish the Gunners at Stamford Bridge, scoring his side’s sixth goal in a 6-0 win.
After saying that Mourinho told him that he will score against Arsenal before coming on, the Blues boss said his opinion once more regarding Salah and how he needs the help of all of Chelsea’s staff.
“Salah’s (goal) was very important for his confidence,” Mourinho was quoted as saying by Get West London.
“He’s a kid, like a baby really. He needs so much protection and support from all of us, the players are being fantastic with him so step by step we’re getting there,” Mourinho concluded.
This is not the first time Salah is praised as Branislav Ivanović compared the Egyptian to Bayern Munich and former Chelsea winger Arjen Robben, while Cesar Azpilicueta and Brazil International defender David Luiz both voiced their happiness for Salah after his performance against Arsenal.