Mamelodi Sundowns have lodged a complaint with CAF against Zamalek after the hosts refused to...
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
- Egypt climbs seven places in October FIFA Rankings
- Egypt’s Aya Medany to join IOC’s Athletes’ Commission
- Egypt schedules and venues for 2017 AFCON announced
- Basel thumped in Paris
VIDEO: Man of the Match Sam Morsy impresses in Chesterfield victory
Sam Morsy, who is a regular starter for the League Two outfit Chesterfield, started in his favourable holding midfield position. His side took the lead early on in the 19th minute as Jay O’Shea headed home a right-sided cross into the bottom right corner of the goal beating the Morecambe keeper.
Morsy came close to scoring twice. In the 74th minute he attempted to bend a shot from outside the box around the defenders and was very close to hitting the target. Four minutes later he released a 25-yard pile-driver that rattled the bar, which led him to being awarded Man of the Match.
As of late Chesterfield’s position in the league has fallen slightly from first to third position, however they are still comfortable in the automatic promotion places six points clear of fourth place Fleetwood Town.
This Sunday Chesterfield take on League One side Peterborough United in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy final, which is held at Wembley and kick off will be at 4pm Egypt time.