Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
VIDEO: Man of the Match Sam Morsy impresses in Chesterfield victory
Sam Morsy, who is a regular starter for the League Two outfit Chesterfield, started in his favourable holding midfield position. His side took the lead early on in the 19th minute as Jay O’Shea headed home a right-sided cross into the bottom right corner of the goal beating the Morecambe keeper.
Morsy came close to scoring twice. In the 74th minute he attempted to bend a shot from outside the box around the defenders and was very close to hitting the target. Four minutes later he released a 25-yard pile-driver that rattled the bar, which led him to being awarded Man of the Match.
As of late Chesterfield’s position in the league has fallen slightly from first to third position, however they are still comfortable in the automatic promotion places six points clear of fourth place Fleetwood Town.
This Sunday Chesterfield take on League One side Peterborough United in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy final, which is held at Wembley and kick off will be at 4pm Egypt time.