Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
VIDEO: Man of the Match Sam Morsy impresses in Chesterfield victory
Sam Morsy’s Chesterfield returned to winning ways with a 1-0 win over Morecambe as the Egypt-eligible midfielder picked up the Man of the Match award.
Sam Morsy, who is a regular starter for the League Two outfit Chesterfield, started in his favourable holding midfield position. His side took the lead early on in the 19th minute as Jay O’Shea headed home a right-sided cross into the bottom right corner of the goal beating the Morecambe keeper.
Morsy came close to scoring twice. In the 74th minute he attempted to bend a shot from outside the box around the defenders and was very close to hitting the target. Four minutes later he released a 25-yard pile-driver that rattled the bar, which led him to being awarded Man of the Match.
As of late Chesterfield’s position in the league has fallen slightly from first to third position, however they are still comfortable in the automatic promotion places six points clear of fourth place Fleetwood Town.
This Sunday Chesterfield take on League One side Peterborough United in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy final, which is held at Wembley and kick off will be at 4pm Egypt time.