Ahmed Elmohamady played the full 90 minutes as Hull City fell to...
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
Al Ahly president Hassan Hamdy released from prison on bail
Al Ahly’s current president Hassan Hamdy was moved to Tora Prison after being arrested on Sunday, pending corruption investigations for Al-Ahram Foundation during his term as the director of the Ahram Advertising Agency.
Hamdy’s defense team asked Cairo’s Criminal Court for presumption against the rule of his remand. The court agreed with a hundred thousand pounds bail in addition to banning Hamdy from travelling till investigations are finished.
After nine years at the Ahly helm, Hassan Hamdy wasn’t able to attend his club’s celebration last night for being the most internationally decorated club in the world. His son Taymour received the trophy on his behalf.
Mohamed Serag-Eldin, candidate for the position of under-age membership in Ibrahim El-Maalim’s list, said that Hamdy’s release before the elections will have a positive effect on the club.
Hamdy’s release came hours before Al Ahly’s board of directors’ elections, as Hamdy’s term ends on Friday.