KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Al Ahly president Hassan Hamdy released from prison on bail
Al Ahly president Hassan Hamdy released from prison on Thursday morning after paying 100,000 EGP bail, as decided by Cairo’s Criminal Court pending further investigation.
Al Ahly’s current president Hassan Hamdy was moved to Tora Prison after being arrested on Sunday, pending corruption investigations for Al-Ahram Foundation during his term as the director of the Ahram Advertising Agency.
Hamdy’s defense team asked Cairo’s Criminal Court for presumption against the rule of his remand. The court agreed with a hundred thousand pounds bail in addition to banning Hamdy from travelling till investigations are finished.
After nine years at the Ahly helm, Hassan Hamdy wasn’t able to attend his club’s celebration last night for being the most internationally decorated club in the world. His son Taymour received the trophy on his behalf.
Mohamed Serag-Eldin, candidate for the position of under-age membership in Ibrahim El-Maalim’s list, said that Hamdy’s release before the elections will have a positive effect on the club.
Hamdy’s release came hours before Al Ahly’s board of directors’ elections, as Hamdy’s term ends on Friday.