Former Al Ain FC Croatian coach Zlatko Dalic revealed that he was honored...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
Al Ahly president Hassan Hamdy released from prison on bail
Al Ahly president Hassan Hamdy released from prison on Thursday morning after paying 100,000 EGP bail, as decided by Cairo’s Criminal Court pending further investigation.
Al Ahly’s current president Hassan Hamdy was moved to Tora Prison after being arrested on Sunday, pending corruption investigations for Al-Ahram Foundation during his term as the director of the Ahram Advertising Agency.
Hamdy’s defense team asked Cairo’s Criminal Court for presumption against the rule of his remand. The court agreed with a hundred thousand pounds bail in addition to banning Hamdy from travelling till investigations are finished.
After nine years at the Ahly helm, Hassan Hamdy wasn’t able to attend his club’s celebration last night for being the most internationally decorated club in the world. His son Taymour received the trophy on his behalf.
Mohamed Serag-Eldin, candidate for the position of under-age membership in Ibrahim El-Maalim’s list, said that Hamdy’s release before the elections will have a positive effect on the club.
Hamdy’s release came hours before Al Ahly’s board of directors’ elections, as Hamdy’s term ends on Friday.