Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Al Ahly president Hassan Hamdy released from prison on bail
Al Ahly’s current president Hassan Hamdy was moved to Tora Prison after being arrested on Sunday, pending corruption investigations for Al-Ahram Foundation during his term as the director of the Ahram Advertising Agency.
Hamdy’s defense team asked Cairo’s Criminal Court for presumption against the rule of his remand. The court agreed with a hundred thousand pounds bail in addition to banning Hamdy from travelling till investigations are finished.
After nine years at the Ahly helm, Hassan Hamdy wasn’t able to attend his club’s celebration last night for being the most internationally decorated club in the world. His son Taymour received the trophy on his behalf.
Mohamed Serag-Eldin, candidate for the position of under-age membership in Ibrahim El-Maalim’s list, said that Hamdy’s release before the elections will have a positive effect on the club.
Hamdy’s release came hours before Al Ahly’s board of directors’ elections, as Hamdy’s term ends on Friday.