Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Al Ahly president Hassan Hamdy released from prison on bail
Al Ahly’s current president Hassan Hamdy was moved to Tora Prison after being arrested on Sunday, pending corruption investigations for Al-Ahram Foundation during his term as the director of the Ahram Advertising Agency.
Hamdy’s defense team asked Cairo’s Criminal Court for presumption against the rule of his remand. The court agreed with a hundred thousand pounds bail in addition to banning Hamdy from travelling till investigations are finished.
After nine years at the Ahly helm, Hassan Hamdy wasn’t able to attend his club’s celebration last night for being the most internationally decorated club in the world. His son Taymour received the trophy on his behalf.
Mohamed Serag-Eldin, candidate for the position of under-age membership in Ibrahim El-Maalim’s list, said that Hamdy’s release before the elections will have a positive effect on the club.
Hamdy’s release came hours before Al Ahly’s board of directors’ elections, as Hamdy’s term ends on Friday.